Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of issues/problems is everyone having ? (And trust me, I hope you;re not having any) The reason I ask is I've owned lots of different cars over the past 20 years and as much as I hate to say it, very few of the American made ones have been too impressive as far as service issues. Take for example my POS Dodge RAM ! The dang thing blew the rear pinion seal at 11k miles and the dealer told me it was probably just put together wrong. UHHH do I look that stupid ??? I asked him if it possibly had anything to do with the vibration problem you have been trying to fix for the past 7k miles and he said no probably not. By the way, it took the dealer 2 sets of tires, 3 sets of rotors and brakes, 4 attempts at rebalancing the tires and I still have a slight vibration that I believe has been the drive shaft all along. They refuse to pull it and have it balanced. So before I go upside down in this truck due to what I owe, I just want to hear how happy everyone is with their GTO's.

Thanks !

Joe

·
Registered
674 Posts
My interior is having teething problems. Nothing like the stalling we had with the Aurora, the dealer "couldn't replicate". Dont get me started on the runs in the paint, rattle from A pilar moulding, stalling, and a few other things. Took 2 1/2 years to get most sorted out. Still have the A pilar rattle, but we just raise the volume of Barney so we don't hear the click!

With the GTO

I was putting a new booster seat in the car (LATCH) when i noticed the headliner was not secured it meets the rear window.

There are three plugs, they don't hold. If I push hard, I will dent the foam the headliner is made of. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, piece of cardboard under the dash, over the passenger's legs that holds the nifty green light bulb cannot be secured. the panel has two rods sticking out of each side, and there are holes in the kick panel. The problem is the kick panel is about 1/4" wider than the panels rods.

Has anyone else had these problems?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.