Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been up in Oklahoma City for this week completing my last tour of USAF Reserve Duty. I've seen more GTOs in any given day than I've seen in Fort Worth since the GTO was introduced. I'm finding I'm parking next to them, I pull up next to them at stop lights. The least I've seen is 3 and that was today. They have all been 05s but one. I haven't seen any on the dealer lots. Parked next to a 60+ year old today with a Red GTO with the temp tag still on it. He loved his new Goat and traded in his Cadillac for it - Wow! I also found a salvage yard with 8 of the GTOs damaged in that train derailment a couple of months ago. That's another story that I tell when I get home and can post some pictures.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Xman said:
I've been up in Oklahoma City for this week completing my last tour of USAF Reserve Duty. I've seen more GTOs in any given day than I've seen in Fort Worth since the GTO was introduced. I'm finding I'm parking next to them, I pull up next to them at stop lights. The least I've seen is 3 and that was today. They have all been 05s but one. I haven't seen any on the dealer lots. Parked next to a 60+ year old today with a Red GTO with the temp tag still on it. He loved his new Goat and traded in his Cadillac for it - Wow! I also found a salvage yard with 8 of the GTOs damaged in that train derailment a couple of months ago. That's another story that I tell when I get home and can post some pictures.
Where exactly do you live in Ft. Worth?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Personally if you guys want your goats to seem unique, move here to Orlando. It's an extremely rare occasion if I even see one other GTO in a month's time. The only other time I do see a GTO on the road is if I'm near my friend who recently got a used 04, otherwise they're few and far between.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Yer...I'm seeing more and more on my commute.

Saw a guy on the 210 the other day iin an '04 Cosmos Purple...I came along his right side for a wave...nothin.' The bozo just stared straight ahead. So, I fell behind for a few minutes, and, thinking he just didn't see an obnoxious-yellow GTO alongside, tried on the left side. Nothin'. He just stared straight ahead.

Too good to wave or give thumbs up? Screw you. Some people don't deserve these cars.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Groucho said:

Saw a guy on the 210 the other day iin an '04 Cosmos Purple...I came along his right side for a wave...nothin.' The bozo just stared straight ahead. So, I fell behind for a few minutes, and, thinking he just didn't see an obnoxious-yellow GTO alongside, tried on the left side. Nothin'. He just stared straight ahead.

Too good to wave or give thumbs up? Screw you. Some people don't deserve these cars.
I blinked my headlights at a guy in a black 04 yesterday and he gave me a thumbs up. Its like when I used to ride motorcycles.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Groucho said:

Same thing happened to me, except when I came up the second time he tried to race me and I got in it and stomped the living hell out of his car!! Now, not only is he an ass he also has a slower car..... some people :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
I thought they only made v6 mustangs :rofl:

Well...they are technically eight-cylinder engines, but only six are actually working to power the car.

The other two cylinders have hoses running to the cabin and up the driver's seat to keep the driver's ego from deflating.

Fact.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
RiceEater said:
Personally if you guys want your goats to seem unique, move here to Orlando. It's an extremely rare occasion if I even see one other GTO in a month's time. The only other time I do see a GTO on the road is if I'm near my friend who recently got a used 04, otherwise they're few and far between.
You are exactly right. I have had the car for almost 4 months and I have only seen 2 others.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Groucho said:
Well...they are technically eight-cylinder engines, but only six are actually working to power the car.

The other two cylinders have hoses running to the cabin and up the driver's seat to keep the driver's ego from deflating.

Fact.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rofl: roflmao :rofl:
:willy: :willy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.