Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
Does anyone have or used a onboard video camera in their cars. Did you just take a normal video camera and mount it to your dash board or other place to do a video from inside your car or is there a special type designed just for in car use .

:cool

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
Does anyone have or used a onboard video camera in their cars. Did you just take a normal video camera and mount it to your dash board or other place to do a video from inside your car or is there a special type designed just for in car use .

:cool
I guy I know from this area, used zip ties to tie a video camera to the lower front grille of his car, then video taped his 140mph run down the highway. The video is on YouTube, and it is also linked though the multimedia section on ls1gto.com. It's pretty cool.

Russ

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
camera

on ebay for 69 dollars including mounting barcket

·
Registered
730 Posts
summit racing sells one you can mount to your window as well

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Video

Thanks for all the information,

:cheers

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
car camera

Yesterday was a nice fall day in Connecticut so I took my car out for a ride. I tried to use my cell phone which has a camera / video in it. tried to get a video of me doing a 40-80 mph run. When I jumped on the gas my car got a little crooked and I could not hold it still. I will try it again with a passanger holding it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been seriously considering getting a dash cam for my car...
With so many idiots on the road I am in a constant state of paranoid while driving. It would be nice to have proof that they caused any accident (knock on wood).

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
camera

I have been seriously considering getting a dash cam for my car...
With so many idiots on the road I am in a constant state of paranoid while driving. It would be nice to have proof that they caused any accident (knock on wood).
There is a DASH CAMERA with mounting bracket on EBAY for 69.00... records video's and still photo's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts