Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Keeping tabs on market values

Fantastic GTO - is this car a survivor or was it a frame-off restoration.
What do you place as the current market value?
I have a restored 1966 GTO that hopefully will appreciate as time moves forward. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't doubt that some won't like the wheels - and that's totally OK with me. In everything I've read in here, most experienced posters/members have always adv ised to get a car that's mostly "done" (if yuo don't have years to resto) and with stuff that you want and like and will use. So I did. And I will.

·
Registered
217 Posts
For what I call a 2nd gen GTO, that's my favorite. A 69 standard headlight dark colored car with no vinyl top. If it's a 4spd with no console, holy tire smoke, even better! I'm sincerely happy for ya. In my youth I got a ride in a brand new one, same year, same grill, 4spd, dark green (what Chevy called Forest Green) and a black interior with no console. He even put a Hurst T handle on it. I was 12yrs old and just short of scared at how fast it was.

My favorites list for GTOs is 65 1st, 69 2nd, 67 3rd. I did what you did, sort of. Bought this one that needs the interior and wiring harness installed along with a few other things that are minor compared to doing a body off. Already have a body off in process so I don't need 2! Again, congrats, nice car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts