Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oil, battery, brake pads, brake fluid. What are the most common problems with the 04's?? I'll pick the car up Monday. I've had 5 corvettes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Corvettes are very cheap to drive. The last one cost me $115/month to drive. Bought it in 2/2000 for 34500 sold it 3/2004 for $29,000 that equals $115 month depreciation. I expect the GTO I just bought to be just as cheap to drive. I had a 85' 442 I drove for 18 months that cost me $750 in depreciation.If you buy a sporty car right you'll get out of it right. There is a guy that just bought a new Z06 CE corvette with a MSRP of $57400 for $40,000 on corvetteforum.com I'm sorry for you that jumped early on your GTO's. I have bought alot of cars over the years. You have to know when and how to buy and the price you can buy at. The time of year matters, the economy, and what is sittting on the lots. My previous 94 corvette cost me $180/ month to drive. I could go on.The GTO's being sold at these prices $18000-19000 when they are going at auction wholesale of $24000-$25000 are the best bargain I've seen in years. I wish I could buy 3 or 4 more but only one of the three of my family's GM cards qualify. Forums like this where people can compare notes will save you money. It is where I found the bonus gmcard reward otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the GTO.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you run the h*ll out of the car. You lose your butt on family cars. A 04 cadillac is worth $22000 to $24000 wholsale right now. Not bad for a $46000 car. They come with a jar of vaseline.

·
Registered
87 Posts
cuspid said:
oil, battery, brake pads, brake fluid. What are the most common problems with the 04's?? I'll pick the car up Monday. I've had 5 corvettes.
Installed an automatic dimming rearview mirror with compass and temperature readout.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The lack of auto dimming rear view mirror was a plus for me, having rented several cars with them, they always seemed to be slow and I felt like I would get blinded by cars pulling in behind me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The main reason I installed the mirror was to have the outside temperature displayed.

The auto dimming side seems to work well as I can really tell the difference between lights shining in the rearview mirror and the external mirrors. It works fast enough that I have never noticed a problem.

·
Registered
194 Posts
"slp loudmouth and cai, big difference over stock "

Ditto here, plus rims and tires, BMR STB, etc (in sig.) Then tint.

I am leaning towards the SLP headers now though I have always liked their products. Especially if I can get a mid length high flow cat version in the high 800 range! ;) It's something I am not rushing into because prices are dropping and the smog PoPo are itching to fine here.

Oh yeah, if you do change your intake and exhaust (a good start) then you will want a tuner/programmer and for this I suggest the Diablo Predator.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Better brakes, a lower rear end gear, and made my own hood. Not in that exact order but those were the first one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts