Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from Jacksonville driving the Goat and I see the distinctive LT1 Camaro front end in my rearview... As I got on I-10 the guy pulled up next to me and looked over and gunned it. It sounded pretty much stock, so I let him get about a length on me and threw it into second at around 40. I immediately started to pull pretty strong on him. I shut down around 90 with four or five lengths on him. He went on his way at around 100+ after a ricer fly by. Sounded like an auto car. I am not crazy enough to go that fast on I-10. At the same time the Camaro was running me a VW Turbo Hatchback was in the other lane trying to pass us... The Camaro beat him. I dunno what kind of VW it was but I could hear the turbo as he passed me later on.

My death... I see a black Mitsubishi Evo pull up next to me at a light. Had the typical fart can and what not and a bunch of stickers. I dont know what was done to the car, but when we took off he made me look like I was standing still. He immediately put at least 5 lengths on me and that was with an almost perfect launch on my part. we ran to about 80 or so. He turned in Starke so I didn't get to ask him what his mods were. That thing was Freaking FAST. All in all a fun day. I usually drive the T/A on long trips to keep miles off the Goat but I felt like having A/C and a good stereo for once today :D

My mods are CAI, Dyno tune, Ported Intake and TB and Exhaust.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Nice kill or kills if you include the VW.

Evo's from a dig are real difficult. Doesn't take much to make the fast as heck either.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice kill or kills if you include the VW.

Evo's from a dig are real difficult. Doesn't take much to make the fast as heck either.
I was surprised at how fast he pulled. I usually pass the stock ones at around 50-60. I need a cam and some DRs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice Kills. I've heard those evo's are inexpensive to make real fast.
There's a few of those ricers around my hood but, they all seem to avoid my Girl.
Little do they know I'm not much of a racer. But, thanks to you guys I'm learning more and more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts