Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
My dad bought himself a 1964 GTO when he returned from Vietnam - it was his baby. He still carries a picture of it in his wallet.

I would LOVE to give him the chance to ride in one (or even drive one!) one more time! Can anybody point me in the direction of where we can do this in New England?

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
830 Posts
That sounds like a great idea. I would suggest reaching out to the GTOAA and/or some of the Northeastern chapters of both GTOAA and POCI
I'm sure many would love to assist you with this venture.

Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I wish we all could do a parade for him wouldn’t that be awesome! I messaged a buddy Mines a 66 who lives in the northeast maybe he could help or know somebody who could

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am not a member of any clubs here, nor am I aware of any. I am in Maine. If you're around here, I'll take him for a ride in mine. It's a 66 not a 64 though. The closest chapter of GTOAA that I can see is in NH.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is a Pontiac club in RI. You could try reaching out to them and seeing if they can help.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Here is a map showing the different GTOAA area clubs. Once you narrow it into New England you can click on the lttle symbols and info on that club's location and phone number will come up. Hope this is helpful.

(Personally I would contact member Mine'sa66 as he atually volunteered to help you out. FWIW)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can only hope my daughter would do the same for me very sweet gesture
Do you know of any local cruise nights or weekend small car show's where you guys could go and he could connect with a current 64 owner and show off his picture of his car , I am certain one of those guys would take him for a ride
Make sure he wears his service/tour jacket , and also thank your Dad for his service to our country

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello!
My dad bought himself a 1964 GTO when he returned from Vietnam - it was his baby. He still carries a picture of it in his wallet.

I would LOVE to give him the chance to ride in one (or even drive one!) one more time! I Can anybody point me in the direction of where we can do this in New England?

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hagerty Insurance has started a “Share Your Ride” program so that members can rent out their classic cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
good idea
also there is an APP called TURO you may have luck there also for rental of a classic car
hope it works out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

I would LOVE to give him the chance to ride in one (or even drive one!) one more time! Can anybody point me in the direction of where we can do this in New England?

THANK YOU!
Where in New England? Might be able to something depending on location.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts