Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not GTO, Pontiac, or even car related necessarily, but then it does have to do with "power" so maybe it does apply after all.

I've been involved in Scouting for a long time. Both my sons are Eagles, and I was Scoutmaster for many years. Though not strictly "kosher" by today's BSA rules and regulations, our troop has had this tradition now for going on 60 years --- from the time long before lawyers and other cowards decided that any sort of fun was just not to be allowed.

(I love it)

Bear

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Excellent. All of the kids that are involved in our camp-outs are well trained in shooting safety and the responsible use of recreational fireworks. One of my good friends even does anvil salutes for his town 4th of July event with his grandfather's 120 year old anvils. Safety, accountability, and responsibility taught at a young age help forge the character and good judgement that will last a lifetime. My 8th grade metal shop teacher (who drove a black '63 split window Vette to school) let me make a .54 caliber, fully functional cannon with materials he provided with his own funds. I shot it many times, and never got into trouble with it. Still have it to this day. Great stuff. If a shop teacher supported this same project today, he would be arrested and locked up. Newer generations are being raised to take no responsibility for their own actions and to turn to the 'government' for the most basic guidance. A shame indeed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts