Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CNN money says this:

Pontiac GTO --

A beefy Corvette V-8. Check. A decent (for GM) interior, rear-wheel drive, and competent handling. So far, so good. But then Pontiac wrapped its would-be hottie in a body that looks more like a Chevy Cavalier than its namesake, the '60s muscle car you dreamed of owning. No performance automobile in years has turned fewer heads or opened fewer wallets. <Top of page>

what do you think, is it a flop?

·
Registered
44 Posts
For it turning so few heads, I sure do get asked about mine a lot. It's not the flashiest car out there but people definetly notice it. Nobody watches CNN anymore anyways.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Am i crazy or is everyone missing the point here. To me, the new GTO is a muscle car. A muscle car is a car that looks "innocent", but then whoops butt! You know...someone who does not know about gto's pulls up to you...thinks you have a nice 4 banger rice car or so. But then you hit the gas and VRRROOMMM!!! That is a muscle car. The corvette...that's a sports car. You just look at the corvette and you know that it's gotta have some horses under the hood. That is what i think and i am sticking with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
if you want to be noticed go get the 65 i mean the 05 mustang , every one and ther mother is buying it at least yours looks very silent and deadly

·
Registered
162 Posts
MoanAirOh said:
CNN money says this:

Pontiac GTO --

A beefy Corvette V-8. Check. A decent (for GM) interior, rear-wheel drive, and competent handling. So far, so good. But then Pontiac wrapped its would-be hottie in a body that looks more like a Chevy Cavalier than its namesake, the '60s muscle car you dreamed of owning. No performance automobile in years has turned fewer heads or opened fewer wallets. <Top of page>

what do you think, is it a flop?
Then sell it! I really can not go anywhere w/people lookin or asking about it or sayin hey pop the hood....Must tell u ur in the minority w ur opinions but hey they r urs......

·
Registered
590 Posts
i'd rather be the sleeper. glad there's not one on every street corner, and if I had a dollar for every double or triple take when people look, i'd have a lifetime of beer :cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like my '04 GTO, i was just pasting an exerpt from the '3 worst cars of the year'. i've be a holden fan since I was in fifth grade and I watched mel gibson run the "Nightrider!!" 's Holden manaro off the road in a huge explosion.

i know why i bought my GTO.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Who would WANT a Mustang anyway?

I agree with you all on the Mustang thing. The damn things are a dime a dozen. Ho-Hum. The way cool thing about the GTO is that they're kinda scarce (at least around here). It feels good to to be a little different instead of just being another face in the crowd.

·
Registered
63 Posts
More people might "open their wallet" if Pontiac did some advertizing for the GTO. :( I have only seen 4-5 ads on TV and NONE in any local newspapers. :( I have seen the new mustang ad on TV 8-10 times already this week. I have met many people that said they knew nothing about GM building a GTO again until they saw mine. GM and the dealers have done the worst job of promoting a new car that I have ever seen. :shutme

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ya, I know for a fact that I am the only person in the town that I live in that has a new or older GTO, and there are probably about 12,000-15,000 Mustangs of various forms in this town, so I personally like the fact that I am the only one! And I also like the fact that I can smoke any other car in this town with my GTO!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get looks and compliments everywhere I take my GTO.
This is a great automobile!
I think a lot of the negative comments are due to lealousy.
I don't think they understood what a muscle car is.
It's a regular unassuming car with a big engine.
Scoops, body kits,racing stripes, vinyl stickers & big spoilers & do not
make a car into a muscle car.
I could care less how many gto's they sell, I've got mine & I couldn't
be happier with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I guess every car today is supposed to be retro. :shutme

I for one didn't listen to one person's opinion on whether or not they like the styling of the car. I visited boards just like this to see how they liked the car after they drove it home.

This critic probably drives home his Honda Accord and thinks it is the best thing out.

The GTO turns plenty of heads. I get looks almost daily. So, screw the critics! I like the muscle that GM has put back into this car!

·
Registered
160 Posts
SasdawgGTO said:
Ya, I know for a fact that I am the only person in the town that I live in that has a new or older GTO, and there are probably about 12,000-15,000 Mustangs of various forms in this town, so I personally like the fact that I am the only one! And I also like the fact that I can smoke any other car in this town with my GTO!
:agree I live in Charlotte, NC and have been to Atlanta, Myrtle Beach and south Georgia in my goat. I've yet to see another on the road. Even in a city as large as Charlotte or Atlanta. I love it and the fact that it's stealthy. I didn't want to look like a kid, just a grown up that's not too old to still know how to play. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
catchmeifucan said:
I guess every car today is supposed to be retro. :shutme

I for one didn't listen to one person's opinion on whether or not they like the styling of the car. I visited boards just like this to see how they liked the car after they drove it home.

This critic probably drives home his Honda Accord and thinks it is the best thing out.

The GTO turns plenty of heads. I get looks almost daily. So, screw the critics! I like the muscle that GM has put back into this car!
:agree :agree :agree :cheers :party
I have driven mine over 12,000 miles and have only seen one other 04 GTO on the road the entire time. :cool

·
Registered
162 Posts
Stayingeast said:
I agree with you all on the Mustang thing. The damn things are a dime a dozen. Ho-Hum. The way cool thing about the GTO is that they're kinda scarce (at least around here). It feels good to to be a little different instead of just being another face in the crowd.
Same here I like to be different always have. Give the mustang 6 mos and u will see one ever corner u turn. I do like the new stang but they r a dime a dozen i still see more 87 GT 5.0's then i do GTO's and that just fine for me.

To answer someones questionon the wing. You can get rid of it you will just have to take it to a body shop and have the holes in the trunk filled and have it repainted. Lot of work but if u want it...it can be done!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts