Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought this GTO off the original owner that ordered the car in 1964.
It is an unrestored car
it is a tri power 4-speed convertible
color is blue charcoal with blue interior and a white convertible top

·
Registered
855 Posts
WOW Nice GTO!! Always hard for me to name a price on a original paint car (Hint), cause they are only that once! You may want to join the GTOAA and plan on the Nationals next year. Will be pretty close to you. And a good drive for me, but hope to make it.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Wow

To say you must be happy would have to be an understatement. Congratulations:D on an awesome find!! I WOULD'NT BE ABLE TO SLEEP FOR A WEEK OR SO. I would be going out at three in the morning just to look at it again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW Nice GTO!! Always hard for me to name a price on a original paint car (Hint), cause they are only that once! You may want to join the GTOAA and plan on the Nationals next year. Will be pretty close to you. And a good drive for me, but hope to make it.
I heard about the car by word of mouth it was never advertised for sale it was actually about a mile from my house.
The price I paid would not matter to anyone as it would not be a price to go by as it was not advertised and I paid the man what he was asking for it.
Just where are the Nationals next year?

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Wow! Beautiful GTO in a rare and desirable color with all the right options, all original and paperwork, what a dream!

You are a lucky guy to find such a beast and be able to snag it up. :cheers

How cool is it that window sticker actually calls out "Gran Turismo Omologato". :cool

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To say you must be happy would have to be an understatement. Congratulations:D on an awesome find!! I WOULD'NT BE ABLE TO SLEEP FOR A WEEK OR SO. I would be going out at three in the morning just to look at it again!
LOL...LOL... Yes I do go to the garage more often now (everyday to be exact) just to look and wipe it down.....Here are a few more pics....Let me know your thoughts......THANKS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Beautiful GTO in a rare and desirable color with all the right options, all original and paperwork, what a dream!

You are a lucky guy to find such a beast and be able to snag it up. :cheers

How cool is it that window sticker actually calls out "Gran Turismo Omologato". :cool
The car is truly amazing.
The guy I bought it from owned it 49 years.
He is a GREAT guy but ill now and wanted to sell it to someone that would care for it like he did...That leaves me with a great responsibility...But I will do it :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow, stunning. It is amazing to me the cars that appear on the radar after owners have them for so long just to themselves. Makes me wonder what else is out there. that's what makes this period so interesting.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
All-original, Blue Charcoal tripower 4 speed '65 GTO convertibles are highly over-rated. They're all over the place out here in California. Heck, I have a hardtop in my garage...Seriously, thanks for bringing this over from the other forum, RAII. Nobody is going to get tired of seeing this car any time soon. And I'll tell ya, it only gets better as time goes by!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All-original, Blue Charcoal tripower 4 speed '65 GTO convertibles are highly over-rated. They're all over the place out here in California. Heck, I have a hardtop in my garage...Seriously, thanks for bringing this over from the other forum, RAII. Nobody is going to get tired of seeing this car any time soon. And I'll tell ya, it only gets better as time goes by!!
You stated "Blue Charcoal tripower 4 speed '65 GTO convertibles are highly over-rated. They're all over the place out here in California."
If I remember you have a hard top or coupe, Not a convertible..... BTW, There are only 2 in the registry.
I will buy every one there is out there if they are real tri power 4-speed convertibles.
Let me know of any you find

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
LOL! Yes, I've owned my Fremont-built, Blue Charcoal/blue interior 4 spd 3x2 hardtop for over 30 years now. Had lots of goats over the years, but this one was the only real tripower car, so I held on to it. Not as nice as yours, though it's also unrestored, and not nearly as original, as the oem engine was exploded at Baylands raceway around 1978, as the previous owner told me. Long story short, in 1982 I found a real tripower '65 4 speed convertible with all the right stuff for sale....but the owner wanted $3100. It was too much money for me...all I could afford was about $2700. Days later, I bought my hardtop for $1200 out of the Classified Flea Market. Literally that same weekend, the owner of the convertible called, said he got transferred to Arizona, and would let me have the ragtop for $2700. I almost cried. Never did get a '65 ragtop, but I've always valued my BC '65 hardtop, and I enjoy it to this day. Most folks don't realize the scarcity of real tripower cars, since every GTO on epayis advertised as having a 'dealer installed' tripower. Most Tripower cars were driven to death or wrecked early on. Mine was pretty beat on when I got it. Out of all the GTO's I've owned, the only creampuffs were automatic cars with base power. All the stickshift cars had replacement engines, transmissions, or rear ends. All of them. To have a documented original '65 tripower stick convertible that is still in 'as born' condition is a miracle. Again, thanks for sharing your car with us. It is appreciated!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts