Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nice set of die cast taillight bezels for my '65 from Canada. the car is an older restoration and not done by todays standards. whoever did the body work on the car used black rtv silicone on my quarter extentions instead of the gasket. goobed it on heavy. you would not believe what I had to do and how long it took to get them off without any damage. he also used silicone on the lenses instead of the gasket. WTF ? its gonna be a long slow process removing all that silicone. wish I could meet the guy so I could give him a hard, swift kick where the sun don't shine.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Could be worse....I went by a guys house years ago to look at a "project" he was working on with another friend of mine. He was putting patch panels in the quarters of a Camaro. And he was using license plates as patches..... I said to him "so, you are using license plates huh?" and he says to me "yeah, you've never seen a licence plate rust, have you?" :STFU:

True story......

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i remember as kids using street signs to re-do the floor pans in a friends 65 mustang, think they were the only metal on that car that was'nt rusted. When he found it it was buried to the axles in the ground but we got it running for one summer before the shock towers gave out.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Had a good friend who bought a pretty nice red 72 Chevelle once. Just a 350 auto bench seat car. Driving it home all the lights just go out; dash, headlights, everything. Lets check the fuses.......No fuses.....just a fuse box full of aluminum foil.....:eek2: :00/o:

·
Registered
13 Posts
i remember as kids using street signs to re-do the floor pans in a friends 65 mustang, think they were the only metal on that car that was'nt rusted. When he found it it was buried to the axles in the ground but we got it running for one summer before the shock towers gave out.
Haha, last year while I was changing my floor pans, I found a patch of a Hospital sign in my upper trunk area bolted and srewed in ... :banghead: But wasn't rusted at all :biggrinjester: And instead of changing the rubber body mounts the prev. owner used PU foam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts