Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the right trunk key and I have sprayed liquid wrench and WD-40 into the lock but it doesn't seem to want to click. I don't want to break the key off in the lock. Does anybody have any suggestions for how I might get my trunk open on my 69 GTO?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sometimes it's as simple as hitting the top of the lid with the side of your fist as you turn the key to take some pressure off the latch. When I got mine back from the body shop they installed the trunk lid too high and that put a ton of pressure on the latch making it impossible to unlock. I had to practically sit on the trunk door to relieve the pressure on the latch for the key to unlock it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Try pushing down on the trunk lid above the lock while turning? Otherwise I think you can get in there by removing the back seat and open it manually?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is going to likely have to be through the back seat. Pushing, hitting, thumping, tap dancing on the trunk isn't helping at all. Still locked. I believe my dad has a complete new set of gto windows and windshields for the car. He thinks they are in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Backseat sounds like your best bet. This happen to me once...car cover ended up getting caught in the latch. Doh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts