Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to start my project 2006 gto A4) soon but i don't know much. I have a list of parts I am looking at but I need your help to get everything I need and opinions on these parts.

I have to remain smog legal and use the car as a Daily Driver. I also want to retain close to stock sound.

I have 2 options. Which option would be cheaper and resalt in the most gain? Which one or both will void warranty? Also what kit of install cost for each?(best bang for your buck)

1 Maggis supercharger (Forced Induction)

2 Upgrade the engine components for a NA setup.
Here were the parts I was looking at.

JBA 8mm wires
JBA SS Ceramic Coated Short Tube Headers
Fast LSX Intake 90mm LS1/LS6
LingerFelter CAI
SLP Heads/Cams 525 kit

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you want to remain smog legal your choice is simple... Save the money and put gas in it. A daiily diriver? Seriously - leave it alone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the headers,cai, and wires already agreed on unless a better deal comes along. I need heads, cams, and intake help. Plus all the little things i may be missing or don't know about. I want this to still have stock driveablity or better. Put up good numbers, and still be reliable.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Smog legal and the mods you are talking about won't happen. Sorry - just cant be done. Not smog legal and things get different in a hurry. My opinion would be none of what you are suggesting. I would opt for a fat stroker motor with the usual buildups. Thats just me. What are you going to do to put all of that power on the ground? The tires/suspension are overworked with a stock LS1. If is to be a daily driver and smog legal - like I said before Leave it alone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what I need is help on the heads/cam setup to go with (fast90mm intake, lingerfelter CAI, and headers)or just go with the maggie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts