Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was browsing ebay as I so often do. I came accross a company called Tuff Dawgs that sells refurbished Prontia 400 crate engines. Does anyone one know anything about them? Does anyone have any experience with this seller and knows his reputation? He has a 100% satisfaction, but that may not mean much.

Additonally, are there other known crate engines out there? If so, what is the general opinion of these crate motors?

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
I've never heard of them, but I went to their site and perused the information they gave on their builds and they seemed to use all the right keywords. I like that they use forged I-beam rods in everything - that's important. They also know that 400 blocks are stronger than 455's, so they're not completely dumb at least.

As far as Pontiac crate motors, the top of MY list is Central Virgina Machine (Central Virginia Machine Service - Home of the Injun Engine!).

There are others names in the business too, such as Butler performance. Rock and Roll Engineering (opinions are pretty polarized on this one, I have no personal experience.) SD Performance... do what you're doing, visit the various Pontiac forums (Pontiac Steet Performance, Pontiac Zone, Performance Years, here of couse :D) and ask around.

Bear

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dave Hillard is top notch but is only building for locals and previous customers from what i gather. Otherwise, I give top nods to SD Performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts