Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to decide what I want for sure for wheels on my 68 Lemans. I was looking online and found these Crager magnum 510 wheels. I really like them, they kind of look like the Rally II wheels, only with chrome and black accents.... how do you think they would look on my red car? They are about $180 each 15 x 8"

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I'm still trying to decide what I want for sure for wheels on my 68 Lemans. I was looking online and found these Crager magnum 510 wheels. I really like them, they kind of look like the Rally II wheels, only with chrome and black accents.... how do you think they would look on my red car?

Go with whatever you like. It's your car. I prefer American Racing with light gray spokes, but that's just me.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Sharp! I say go for it they would look Grrrrreat on a GTO. Is that the only size available? These cars are kinda limited on front tire size due to the size and shape of the fender. I thought I had plenty of clearance on mine until I saw a small spot where the paint had been worn away. :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sharp! I say go for it they would look Grrrrreat on a GTO. Is that the only size available? These cars are kinda limited on front tire size due to the size and shape of the fender. I thought I had plenty of clearance on mine until I saw a small spot where the paint had been worn away. :(
No, they have all kinds of sizes... ya, I was thinking maybe 15 x 7 on the fronts...

·
Registered
554 Posts
rims

They really do have that "Rally II" look to them. That's what I kind of was looking for before I decided on the Rally's. They would definitely would look awesome on your '68!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
What are you going to do with the wheels that are on there now? I would powder coat them flat black and see how that looks first. I did that on a set on a red Comet Caliente and they looked great.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, it's been awhile, but I finally pulled the trigger on these rims.... thought I would share a pic with ya..... I like them, makes the car look more like a pontiac, then the old rims did.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nice!!!

Those look HOT!!! So much more classy than the others! Also, what size tires are you running? They really fill those wheel wells out nicely!!! :cool

·
Registered
39 Posts
They look MUCH better than the old ones, which is great. I don't really like them, which is still great. It's your car man!

BTW, I think what I don't like is the tires look like balloons. What sizes are you running?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks nice! I just got my Hurst wheels in today. As soon as I put some tires on them and get them mounted I'll put some pics up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts