Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Waders here - Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Anybody know if there has been photos released of the new GTO colors for 2006? What I have heard is there will be a Spice Red and 'Brazen' Orange. You guys have any idea what this orange might look like? Ive seen a Holden which I believe was called Fusion (orangish-gold) that was definitely different, but IMO looked nice! So any actual car pics....dont show me the swatches --seen em!

Thanks, Waders :cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Waders said:

Anybody know if there has been photos released of the new GTO colors for 2006? What I have heard is there will be a Spice Red and 'Brazen' Orange. You guys have any idea what this orange might look like? Ive seen a Holden which I believe was called Fusion (orangish-gold) that was definitely different, but IMO looked nice! So any actual car pics....dont show me the swatches --seen em!

Hi Waders! I saw the swatch of the blazen orange. I don't like it much. It looks like my hunting vest. It is hunters orange. When I get into it I don't want to feel like I am going hunting. But that's me. I was hoping carousel red was offered on the 05's but oh well. The only orange I saw that appealed to me was the color of the 06' Dodge Charger concept car, that is a nasty looking orange......... The spice red for 06' is pretty sweet looking. I haven't seen pics of the cars though in the colors, just the swatches. If anyone has car pics please share them.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
Waders said:

go to www.gmfleet.com to see the orange, i love it would get it if i didn't already have yellowjacket , but this color is going to be discontinued, glad i got one!!!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The orange appears to be the same metallic orange that has appeared on Corvettes and Trans Ams, etc. in the past.

It's OK -- but my prediction is that it will get dumped in a year due to a lack of interest. That said, it is far better that Ford's "Performance Orange," which is a dead ringer for all of the California Department of Transportation service vehicles.

Personally, I'd love to see GM bring back some of the old Judge colors, like Orbit Orange.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I just took a look at the pic of the blazen orange. Looks a bit different on the car than the strip sample. I take back what I said :rofl: If the car looks like the pic, it is pretty sharp. If it looks like the trans-am color it will be a hot color. :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1376615

Hey Judge, I tell ya what - If it looks like this Aussiegoat then I just might wait till 06 to get mine. One sweet looking color IMO. Oh, and I want those stock 18's too. What the he** ever happened to that option anyway? I haven't seen too many Goats in person, but all the ones that I have seen seem to have been riding on 17's??? Common sense says that when a dealer orders a 400hp GTO then you might as well order the $500 wheel option? Then again, I think common sense might not apply to this car :)

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Waders: I asked my salesman about the 18" ers when I placed my order. First off in the brochure if I remember correctly it stated available in the summer. I asked him what it would cost for the upgrade to 18". He wasn't sure but he thought somewhere around 2k. I said ouch ......17" will be fine. before ya know it these cars will be sporting 20"ers, and air shocks again.... hmmmm, the way the ass end sticks up in the air as it is..... puttin air shocks on them... you'll be able to see the stars out the ass end. I wonder what L-60's would look like on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.