Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the ls1 forum a couple of weeks ago. I haven't really gotten much help and was wondering if anyone over here could be of more assistance. I checked back with the dealer today and was still the same as it was two weeks ago. Thanks guys!

"The last I heard was that my car had left port of origin at 3550 on 4-18. Went by the dealer this morning and he pulled up the order sheet. The 4-18 event was still there, but under it there was another event code 3550 saying it left AU on 5-24! God I hope that is not right for the sake of my mental health.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Order Number - JTTCJV"

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, I'm sure you're right. Its not really their fault though. It's GM's crappy inventory system that they are having to work with. If nothing changes in the next week I'm probably just going to have to track one down on a lot with the lowest possible miles on it.:mad:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeh I will def. be getting an 06 b/c I want orange. I want one fresh off the boat, but if I am going to have to wait another 2 months I may have to see what else is available around at the dealers in surrounding states. When I said low miles I meant test drive miles, I will be buying a new car. This car was ordered in early January. Its really getting kinda rediculous.

On the bright side, I will have some new HSV wheels for it the end of next week. Ordered some from JHP yesterday! :D Now I gotta have a car to put them on.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Dont Worry Bro My moms new house overlooks the Docks where they come into the Country (Benecia, Ca)
There's at least 500 of them sitting on the recieving lot waiting to be shipped

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
707GTOLS2 said:
Dont Worry Bro My moms new house overlooks the Docks where they come into the Country (Benecia, Ca)
There's at least 500 of them sitting on the recieving lot waiting to be shipped

Well, that makes me feel somewhat better. Thanks for the encouragment.:cool

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I went into the dealer on May 23 and told them I wanted a 06 orange with 6 speed and 18" wheels. Also car had to have less than 300 miles on it. They found one 115 miles away with 40 miles on it. I paid $100 to have it transported. I have had the car a week now and love it, so I would not wait to long for them to start looking for what you want. If they can find you one with acceptable miles, I am sure someone buy the one you ordered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It had the same problem with my special order truck. The worst problem with that was I found out I had put the order in right after they did the special run of the truck I ordered. It wasn't going to be run for another 4 weeks..... 9 weeks from ordering to receiving at the dealer..... Yet it was worth the wait... Exactly what I wanted!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gsxfanatic said:
It had the same problem with my special order truck. The worst problem with that was I found out I had put the order in right after they did the special run of the truck I ordered. It wasn't going to be run for another 4 weeks..... 9 weeks from ordering to receiving at the dealer..... Yet it was worth the wait... Exactly what I wanted!!!!

Yeh, if I had plenty of time I would just suck it up and wait until it got here. However, I sold my truck about a week and a half ago and have been borrowing one of my mom's rides. I'm moving to Houston sometime in August and I have to have my own car by then. So for now, I guess I can just wait another month and see what happens.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Patience Pays Off

I Remember Going To My Local Dealer A Few Years Back Before They Even Knew The Gto Was Coming Back. Seems They Are Always The Last To Know! I Told Them At That Point I Wanted Red/red 6 Speed. Then, When I Saw The Car, No Scoops, Twin Exhaust, I Decided To Wait One More Year. Again, I Told Them To Put Me In The Line For The Red/red M6.

To Make A Long Story Short, I Also Got The Date "game" Played On Me. I Followed It All The Way From Australia To The West Coast. There It Sits To Be Consolidated With A Group Going East Into The Same General Area. This Can Take Almost A Month By Itself!!

The Dealer Then Calls To Tell Me He Doesn't Know And Cannot Guarantee It Will Ever Come In, Am I Interested In Cyclone Gray/blk M6? I Told Him I Would Have To See One Before Deciding. Impossible...nothing Around, Even In A4.

So, I Went To A Dealer About 10 Miles Away, He Checked His Incoming, Had A Red/red M6 And I Made The Deal!!!!!!!!

It Was Like Having A Baby, Or So I Am Guessing..but The Wait And The Aggravation Were Well Worth It! If You Have Your Heart Set On A Certain Color And Options...don't Cave And Settle For Less!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
BARONGTO said:
I Remember Going To My Local Dealer A Few Years Back Before They Even Knew The Gto Was Coming Back. Seems They Are Always The Last To Know! I Told Them At That Point I Wanted Red/red 6 Speed. Then, When I Saw The Car, No Scoops, Twin Exhaust, I Decided To Wait One More Year. Again, I Told Them To Put Me In The Line For The Red/red M6.

To Make A Long Story Short, I Also Got The Date "game" Played On Me. I Followed It All The Way From Australia To The West Coast. There It Sits To Be Consolidated With A Group Going East Into The Same General Area. This Can Take Almost A Month By Itself!!

The Dealer Then Calls To Tell Me He Doesn't Know And Cannot Guarantee It Will Ever Come In, Am I Interested In Cyclone Gray/blk M6? I Told Him I Would Have To See One Before Deciding. Impossible...nothing Around, Even In A4.

So, I Went To A Dealer About 10 Miles Away, He Checked His Incoming, Had A Red/red M6 And I Made The Deal!!!!!!!!

It Was Like Having A Baby, Or So I Am Guessing..but The Wait And The Aggravation Were Well Worth It! If You Have Your Heart Set On A Certain Color And Options...don't Cave And Settle For Less!!!
I agree. I wanted a black/red M6 and they had a Grey on the lot that they wanted to unload. I test drove it and got the numbers the way I wanted them and then I broke the news to them that I wanted the black/red.
A few days later they had it for me from Northern Va. It had 70 miles on it from the drive, but that didn't bother me. Those are break in miles anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.