Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In april of 66 my parents went to buy a station wagon, my mom saw a brand new candle light cream/black hardtop 66 gto there and told my dad i want that car or i dont want anything. So he bought it for her. Well its been in the same heated/ac garage for the past 41 years. Its full number matching, ps/pb ac and a 389 / 4brl/ auto. Its been painted once with the same color factory paint but thats it. I take it to car shows every now and then but im not a car guy i get boared at car shows. Non car people call it show room new. Other wise its a number 2 car. also it has 107,000 on it. I was looking for other original owner, unrestored , numbers matching gtos to compare it to but couldnt find any. Does anyone have any idea what a car like this might be worth? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Well if you say it is a #2 car, probably mid 20's. You can check it's restored value using NADA.COM.

You could also check to see what they are going for on Ebay, Hemmings.com, Carsonline.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i understand that but i never find original owner, full numbers matching cars. So i cant compair my car in a fair manner. Im looking to see how much weight full numbers match and original owner carries. also the fact that its never been molested

·
Registered
450 Posts
In the condition you describe, that car appaises in the range of $22,000 to $30,000. The color, auto trans, and re-paint hold it back in achieving high-end value (being repainted, it is no longer a "survivor, and is now categorized as a partial restoration).
Lars
Haggerty Insurance Certified Classic Vehicle Appraiser

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would say 20-25k...possibly more considering it has AC and is 1 owner
if the car was equiped with tri-powerand a 4 spd,or a convertable you might be looking at double that
I'm not much of a 66 fan but I absolutely love the 67

1 - 7 of 7 Posts