Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm getting ready to show the Beast at the Dallas Autorama again this year and have been gathering up stuff to make some sort of display sign. I've got the original owners manual - the actual one that came with the car. I also have the Protect-O-Plate and the warranty booklet. I thought maybe I'd ask my bride to shadow-box them for me or something since she's really good at scrapbook-y stuff. Of course on the Protect-O-Plate was the original owner's name, so just on a whim I decided to try to find him.

I did. :D

He's still living in Amarillo and remembers the car :cheers

We had a brief but pleasant phone conversation, I gave him the url to my web site, and we exchanged email addresses. Hopefully he'll have some stories to tell.

Bear

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Awesome. I bought my 68 from original owner. He's 80plus now but had all he original paper work including window sticker and order form. Also the owner had the original build sheet given directly to him since it was special order. The guy that owned yours must be very proud of what you have made of it. Great story

·
Registered
855 Posts
"Is that "Hanoi Jane" Fonda on the cover of the "Saturday Evening Post?"

That would be a GREAT BIG NOPE!! Jill St. John would be the right answer..

·
Registered
855 Posts
"""""Jill St. John...hubba, hubba, hubba..."""""

It's the May 9 1964 issue #18. cost 20 cents back then. Mentions some of her recent social companions being Frank Sinatra & Glenn Ford. Four of her movies come Blow your horn, Who's been sleeping in my bed, Honeymoon Hotel, and Who's minding the store..

·
Registered
19 Posts
What a great story! It is awesome to be able to chat with the original owner.

·
Registered
855 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like Brown dealership still in bussiness today. Just dealing in buicks now. Wonder if you contacted them if they would still have one of these for your display box.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts