Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another Pontiac forum and there has been quite a bit of interest so thought I would do the same here. My '66 GTO still has the original U S Royal Redline spare tire in the trunk. Had it out the other day and decided to take some pictures. The tread width on this tire is 4 1/2 inches. The height of the sidewall from the edge of the rim to the top of the tire is 5 1/4 inches. The tire is still in pretty good shape and holds air well.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Spectacular

Astonishing! The rubber looks to be in excellent condition! What an amazing relic! Incredible! I salute you, sir! :cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I met a guy with a '66 Charger who had the original tires. I commented on them and he said "not only are they original tires, but they have the original air in them too". Don't know if true, but it was amazing none-the-less.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I met a guy with a '66 Charger who had the original tires. I commented on them and he said "not only are they original tires, but they have the original air in them too". Don't know if true, but it was amazing none-the-less.
:)I hear that comment at car shows from time to time......of couse, you know, due to the normal dissipation rate of air pressure in a tire, that would be impossible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts