Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ADCRUZINGTO said:
:cheers cool put some miles on that goat, i see you are prepared with the radar detector!!!!awesome car.ill be doin the same tomorrow:party:
I try. I've quit making "lists" all together when going into town for something and intentionally forget things so I can go back. I've skipped work entirely just to go out driving.

Gerry

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
raven1124 said:
Gee thanks. Oh, and your license plate gave it away ;-)
Well, the Missouri plates were a dead giveaway for my location in route to my destination. Just let me know where to ship the pallet full of absoultey nothing your way :D

Here's a hint...I'm pretty sure this is the only place the Mississippi runs east & west.

Gerry

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
raven1124 said:
Is it in the southern part of Missouri? You made me get the [email protected] map out now.
Lol...sorry to make you work so hard. I was at Fort Kaskaskia, just north of Chester, IL. It was a beautiful day for a drive, and I just chuckled recalling my days visiting there as a youth. When you first enter the park, there's a big hill and a couple sharp turns. In those days, we would all hold our breath hoping Dad's car could make it to the top. The goat sure didn't have a problem :rofl:

Gerry

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
raven1124 said:
Ah, you took all the fun out of it. I was getting close too.
Well, I can see I'm not making a friend here...let me redeem myself by posting pics from my "Birthday Drive" today. I turned 43 today, slept in 2 hours, woke up at 6:00 AM, and went for a 6-hour drive. I returned in time to see my daughter off to Girl Scout camp, and now have two slabs of spare ribs on the smoker. Can't ask for a better birthday than this!

OK...guess where I was today. This time I will not reveal the location :cool

Gerry

I've got to quit stopping in the damn street or I'll get a ticket :lol:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
raven1124 said:
Gateway Arch and Forest Park? And Happy Birthday old man:D
No more calls folks, we have a winner :party:

And thank you very much...I may be an old man, but the goat sure makes me feel like a kid again. :cool

I also visited my old house in St. Peters...my neighbor just pulled up in his jeep as I arrived in the goat. He challenged me to a race with his new 5.7 Caddy M6. Think I can take him? lol I would have done it today, but had to get back home to see my daughter off to Girl Scout camp. He's young, and has better reaction times than I do...I'm going to put that one off until I have at least double of my 3700 or so miles now. He did talk me into doing the best squealing takeoff I've done in this thing...on a grippy concrete street too :rofl:

Ah, what a day...ribs are done, so I'm out for now...

Gerry

·
Registered
172 Posts
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear you are enjoying the goat so much. I have a black on black m6 myself. I know exactly what you mean, these cars are amazing! I've had it for about four months now. Have about 8000 miles on it.
I tinted the windows and it looks awesome. You have to do that with the black car. Its noticeably cooler as well. By the way, very nice pics! See ya.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fullarmor2 said:
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear you are enjoying the goat so much. I have a black on black m6 myself. I know exactly what you mean, these cars are amazing! I've had it for about four months now. Have about 8000 miles on it.
I tinted the windows and it looks awesome. You have to do that with the black car. Its noticeably cooler as well. By the way, very nice pics! See ya.
I have to admit that the Black is a dust magnet, but I'll be shot dead before I'd take another color. Don't get me wrong...I think all the Goats are beautiful, but my black on black M6 18's is right for me. My wife even caught me yesterday peeking into the garage.

"What were you just doing?"

"Um, I just had to take a look at my new Goat"

(Wife rolling her eyes and smiling)

Hey...I can't help it :D

Yeah, tinting is on my list, and up near the top. I'm also trying to think of a subtle way (I don't like anything LOUD on my cars) to pay tribute to Dale Earnhardt. I'm torn over that one right now though...I don't want to put a sticker on this thing.

Gerry

·
Registered
172 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
I have to admit that the Black is a dust magnet, but I'll be shot dead before I'd take another color. Don't get me wrong...I think all the Goats are beautiful, but my black on black M6 18's is right for me. Gerry
:agree I have never regretted getting black. I just keep it clean, and even though it shows dirt more between washings, black looks good dirty. Much more so than other colors. So it balances out. Black rocks! :cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.