Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm heading home on US30 Friday as I look up and see I am about to pass a silver Mustang GT (prior body style - pre2005). I look over and it's a guy who looks about 3-5 years older than me (approx 26-28); well long story short he looks first at the GTO emblem on the front right and then up at me so I know there is no doubt he was fully aware that I was driving a goat. About 3 miles go by and I come up to a light at Crazy D's Truck Stop between Plymouth and Warsaw hoping for it to turn yellow/red. To my surprise it actually turns, I stuck my hand outside and waved him to my left so we could run it. I'll be a son of a bitch if he didn't pull up behind me, BEHIND ME! As it turned green I was so pissed I chirped the tires and let up around 95, are you kidding me? Behind ME?!?!? :mad:

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's a damn shame...but on a similar note...a friend of mine just said he bought an older car to toy around with from someone. A '92 Mustang LX :confused man am I going to have to give him a good @$$ whooping on the road soon!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
79TA&04GTO said:
...A friend of mine just said he bought an older car to toy around with from someone...a '92 Mustang LX
Didn't Mercury make the same LX model? :willy:

·
Registered
237 Posts
sboylan said:
I'm heading home on US30 Friday as I look up and see I am about to pass a silver Mustang GT (prior body style - pre2005). I look over and it's a guy who looks about 3-5 years older than me (approx 26-28); well long story short he looks first at the GTO emblem on the front right and then up at me so I know there is no doubt he was fully aware that I was driving a goat. About 3 miles go by and I come up to a light at Crazy D's Truck Stop between Plymouth and Warsaw hoping for it to turn yellow/red. To my surprise it actually turns, I stuck my hand outside and waved him to my left so we could run it. I'll be a son of a bitch if he didn't pull up behind me, BEHIND ME! As it turned green I was so pissed I smoked the tires and let up around 95, are you kidding me? Behind ME?!?!? :mad:
Now that's respect - why waste gas and rubber if you really do know the outcome . . .

·
Registered
35 Posts
79TA&04GTO said:
That's a damn shame...but on a similar note...a friend of mine just said he bought an older car to toy around with from someone. A '92 Mustang LX :confused man am I going to have to give him a good @$$ whooping on the road soon!
If its an LX 5.0 and he spends a little money in the right areas... then on a 1/4 mile track... he will show you the way all day long. ;)

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
sboylan said:
I'm heading home on US30 Friday as I look up and see I am about to pass a silver Mustang GT (prior body style - pre2005). I look over and it's a guy who looks about 3-5 years older than me (approx 26-28); well long story short he looks first at the GTO emblem on the front right and then up at me so I know there is no doubt he was fully aware that I was driving a goat. About 3 miles go by and I come up to a light at Crazy D's Truck Stop between Plymouth and Warsaw hoping for it to turn yellow/red. To my surprise it actually turns, I stuck my hand outside and waved him to my left so we could run it. I'll be a son of a bitch if he didn't pull up behind me, BEHIND ME! As it turned green I was so pissed I chirped the tires and let up around 95, are you kidding me? Behind ME?!?!? :mad:
Yeah, I guess the word about the Goat is getting around. This past weekend I tried to call out a very healthy sounding Cobra (earlier model) as I was traveling east on I-30. After a couple of attempts I gave up. We both got off on the same exit. I was turning left and he was going straight. For some unknown reason he began revving his engine up. I totally ignored him. Oh well, maybe next time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I get alot of looks from people and thumbs up, but other than one Mustang that I made a fool of, no one has engaged me yet either. I think the people who drive Z-28s, TAs, GTs, etc., are all too well aware of this cars capabilities.

·
Registered
316 Posts
GTOfreak said:
I get alot of looks from people and thumbs up, but other than one Mustang that I made a fool of, no one has engaged me yet either. I think the people who drive Z-28s, TAs, GTs, etc., are all too well aware of this cars capabilities.
You can add the M3, 350Z, G35 and a few other car's to that list, I have yet to have anyone even try to race me. Even the guy's in my neighbor hood with highly modded M3's wont run against me in a straight line but did invite me to an M3 gathering to run a road course. Im highly considering taking them up on that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.