Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of outer snubbers for a 69 GTO. The inners are available, but not the outers which bolt on to the rear 1/4 panels. If you have them on your 69, I'm also looking to see what is attached to the snubber with clips. Any help finding them and the attachment to them would really be appreciated. i've been looking for weeks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!! I found them on a drawing in the assembly manual and saw a picture of them on a fraudulent website today. I've been searching for "Impact Strips". It looks like on the 68 the the bolts were perpendicular to the center line and the 69 has them bolting inline back to front. If you ever see another pair, please let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found these on ebay. I would have never found them looking for End reinforcement brackets.

Order number: 01-07723-63569
1969 Pontiac GTO Lemans Rear Bumper End Reinforcement Brackets - OEM - Pair

1969 Pontiac GTO Lemans Rear Bumper End Reinforcement Brackets - OEM - Pair
You should get it by Oct 21.
See order details

BTW, is there any kind of filler panel that goes between the bumper and body? There seems to be a pretty big gap particularly between the bumper and 1/4 panels.

Thanks for your help!!

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
No filler.

The gap depends on;
The bumper must be straight. Obviously
Position of rubber 'snubbers' and blocks. Some people remove or modify them to close up the gap
Position of body on the frame. Depending on how much adjustment you can get from the brackets, moving the body slightly may improve the gap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts