Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When I was out for a ride this weekend my overspeed warning (25 mph) came on and now it comes on every time I get to 25 MPH - so this happens at every stop sign, light, corner. It is really annoying. Anyway, I couldn't figure out how to reset it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Groucho - I didn't even think there was an overspeed screen - i will look for it when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh yeah u have to be in the right screen. It should be the one that displays inst. fuel economy and trip distance remaining (empty tank)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent! Thank you so much for the assistance. Sounds like I better check the fuel line, too, by the sounds of the other post. I have 13,600 miles on my '04.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know - I think I will also set mine at 130 - that sounds like a good idea, even though the last time I was close to that speed was in my 1973 Plymouth Boat (I mean Satellite).

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
goatballs said:
Good to know - I think I will also set mine at 130 - that sounds like a good idea, even though the last time I was close to that speed was in my 1973 Plymouth Boat (I mean Satellite).
I've heard it chime a suprising number of times... :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bet you have! I have only had mine up to 55 as i am a law abiding citizen (but then I turned out of my driveway).

·
Registered
242 Posts
to turn off the overspeed indicator completely, refer to page 3-35 of your owners manual where it states:

If the SET button is pressed for two seconds, either while driving or stopped, overspeed is turned completely off or on.

I have tried it and it worked for me. I do not operate in the 'Overspeed preset mode'

I normally have my overspeed set to 70 so I don't exceed 15 mph over 55 (more than 15 mph over the speed limit in NC puts you in the next fine bracket and are a lot harder to get out of).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts