Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P0101 - Replaced MAF, now getting P0174 and P0171 (lean)

So I've got a P0101 in the PCM (MAF voltage low). The SES light comes on if I do some 70+ highway driving. So I changed out the MAF with a new stocker today and the light popped back on tonight . I haven't cleared the stored code, but the light shouldn't have come back on if it was fixed correct? What do I check next?

EDIT: Just went to AZ and pulled the code, acutally P0174 and P0171 tripped the light this time. These are lean bank 1 and 2. Should I unhooked the battery for a while and let the old trims erase since I have the new MAF? Or am I getting ready for a whole new adventure?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok checked all of the hoses, nothing looked problematic. Intake parts are all sealed up tight. Disconnected battery so I guess I'll see what happens :(

·
Registered
505 Posts
Did you just recently install the K&N intake? Or have you recently cleaned and re-oiled it? The maf sensor could be contaminated with the oil that is on the filter. Get some QD electronics cleaner and clean the maf sensor. Dont touch the wires or put any pressure on them with the spray and see if that helps. Ohh and do something with the filter so it does not happen again. Try putting a shop vac hose in it and seal it up the best way you can and vacuum any excess oil out of the filter. Other than that... if everything is sealed up good, I dont know because i doubt you have two bad maf sensors.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Previous owner installed the K&N. But I put a brand new MAF on, not even reman. And then I got the lean codes. Well I've got the battery unhooked, if it comes back on I'll take it in and have it diagnosed.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Filter could have too much oil and making the MAF dirty. You could try some MAF cleaner and reclean the KNN and use just enough oil to make it turn red.

I'd then pull the battery before restarting the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts