Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am new to the forum but hope I can get some help. Driving my 06 GTO today and went to breakfast with the family when the car went into reduced power mode then shut down. Waited a few minutes started it up and it drove with the engine light on for about 5 miles than shut down again. Did this a few time before I was able to get it home.

My reader came back with P0601 engine code? Has anyone experienced this before. I read some post where it was the gas pedal sensor? Air señor on the throttle board ACM? I dont know but I hope some knows or has experience this issue? Is it an ECU or restoring voltage? I need help:surprise:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it’s 2 years too late but did you ever figure it out? Mine has done the same thing quite a few times. Hopefully you see this lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello - I am new to the forum but hope I can get some help. Driving my 06 GTO today and went to breakfast with the family when the car went into reduced power mode then shut down. Waited a few minutes started it up and it drove with the engine light on for about 5 miles than shut down again. Did this a few time before I was able to get it home.

My reader came back with P0601 engine code? Has anyone experienced this before. I read some post where it was the gas pedal sensor? Air señor on the throttle board ACM? I dont know but I hope some knows or has experience this issue? Is it an ECU or restoring voltage? I need help:surprise:
If you ever figured it out please get back to me! I’m having the same issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts