Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there...im kinda new to the site and i was wondering if any GTO owners in PA (new or classic) knew of any car shows in the Delaware County area that get a good GTO turnout? please let me know...thanks:seeya:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You deserve a reply.

I'm in VA, but I did buy my GTO at Harrisburg.

Not sure what to tell you about shows; went to a muscle car show this weekend, but it was all pre-78 models. Hope they have one that lets newer cars in, then I could bring 2 of them!

Good luck rounding up other owners in your area. GTO's are pretty scarce- - unless you're in CA or FL

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I'm in Lancaster.

FYI....

Speaking of car shows. There is a Fly in.....Cruise in car show/airplane show on March 28 at the Lancaster Airport on rt 501.

There is a breakfast too. Time is 7:30 am - ?

No registration fees.

Airplane rides....Kids 8-17 are free rides.

Airplane / car show... Both vintage planes, and cars, motorcycles, antiques etc.

Suppose to be gorgeous that day too....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Faulkner Pontiac in West Chester has a sweet show every second Friday of the month (spring to fall). I've had my Goat in there for about 3 shows. They're awesome. Welcome aboard and enjoy your GTO, bud.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you around the Water Gap area? (Just noticed your recent post... Media, PA is right next to where I currently am... Philly) There's a weekly (Fridays) car show at the Dairy Queen on 209 in East Stroudsburg (about 1.5-2 hours north of philly, depending on how fast you drive). Not too much of a regular variety, but some nice cars do show up. I'm just pooped about not seeing one of my favorite cars, the 69 GTO. Seems like it's only there once a blue moon.

If you want a bigger car "show", there's an airport drag in town once in a while. I do not know the exact details of when, but I could find out. I went once last year, and you basically have a small flight strip, muscle on one side, imports and whatnot on the other, everyone smoking tires and tearing loose. Fun in the sun :cool

·
Registered
30 Posts
There's the GM Nationals at Carlisle on 23-25 June 06.

Oh and there were about a dozen Buick GNs at the New Castle Hooters last Sunday. We should go down there next weekend and give'em a smackdown:rofl:

·
Registered
569 Posts
CarzyCaz said:
Are you around the Water Gap area? (Just noticed your recent post... Media, PA is right next to where I currently am... Philly) There's a weekly (Fridays) car show at the Dairy Queen on 209 in East Stroudsburg (about 1.5-2 hours north of philly, depending on how fast you drive). Not too much of a regular variety, but some nice cars do show up. I'm just pooped about not seeing one of my favorite cars, the 69 GTO. Seems like it's only there once a blue moon.

If you want a bigger car "show", there's an airport drag in town once in a while. I do not know the exact details of when, but I could find out. I went once last year, and you basically have a small flight strip, muscle on one side, imports and whatnot on the other, everyone smoking tires and tearing loose. Fun in the sun :cool
I live in Milford, a couple hours north of you. But I have been interested in checking that DQ show out, it is ~35 mins from me. Do you go every Friday night?
Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how many of you know where middletown delaware is? well our family owns the DQ Grill and Chill down there on 301. if we could get enough people i could set up a weekly or monthly car show...i could shut down half the parking lot. if your interested let me know. i live in media pa and for me to get to work in middletown is about 40 minutes. please let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
kwiktsi said:
I live in Milford, a couple hours north of you. But I have been interested in checking that DQ show out, it is ~35 mins from me. Do you go every Friday night?
Joe
Well, I'll save you some gas and tell you that it isn't really worth traveling down 35 minutes for. I mean, don't get me wrong, I value all the cars that show up, but it's probably not what you're expecting. It's a small parking lot, and decent turn-up. My best guess would be that there are... 10-15 regulars. Sometime's you'll get the neon emitting Thunderbird, but it will probably entertain the regular ice cream eater for about 5 minutes. Now for people that love these cars...

I spend maybe 30 minutes to an hour floating about the cars under the watchful eyes of the owners. I go there every time I can remember when I come back from college for the weekend, and it's only 5 minutes away from my house.

All in all, if you don't have any car shows around you, head down to the DQ on 209 (right off Route 80). But if you're car crazy, guess there's no question about it. The food's pretty good too. And if you want to see some old (by old, I mean before my digital camera) pics, see my old site: http://www.geocities.com/cazsgarage/eastburg.htm
-------------------------------------------------------------------
As for your DQ in Middletown, DE, RJ... I do hope you can find some people that wouldn't mind showing off their cars. If you want, I can ask the car club that shows up at the DQ if they know of any people that would go there, or know people that live by that area. But you run the risk of them ignoring me for my age ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know where u live...ur right next to the fire department..i see your car all the time when i drive by. i'm about three streets away from you. i have only been able to see your hood when i drive by. post some pics when u get a chance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
carzycaz,
if you could see if anyone is interested i would appreciate it. i got the idea from working in a store down in florida. ever friday night a bunch of classic/sport cars would show up, pretty much the same 10-15 guys every week and just hang out. it wasnt so much for the customers as it was for the owners of the cars just to hang out. hopefully i can find about 10 people who would be willing to show up, if not then oh well, at least i tried. thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.