Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of replacing the dash panel on my 68. The sides and back of the gage cluster (where the printed circuit is attached) is covered in surface rust and has corroded some of the circuit. If I scrub as much of the surface rust off the metal body and protect the grounding locations (where the screws attach the circuit), can I spray the body with some kind of rust inhibiting paint? Seems like if I protect the metal where the ground straps go and the points on the circuit that it would be OK. Any advise?

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I was in the Navy I saw the Maintenance guys using this stuff called Humiseal on the Seahawks.

What I can tell you is that my hot tub had a printed circut board on the buttons that controlled the jets and what not. It has some rust on some of the connecting wires and the copper was oxidized. I used a little lemon juice on a tooth brush and took off what i could. Let it dry and then spayed this stuff all over it.

I have not opened it back up to check on the rust, but I can tell you the hot tub still works.

Maybe a clear larqur or clear paint might work. But I know 100% that this stuff does work. It is specifically designed for it.

HumiSeal 1B31 Acrylic Conformal Coating Clear - 2 can is about 26 dollars.

HumiSeal 1B31 Acrylic Conformal Coating Clear 340 mL Aerosol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts