Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Doing a concourse restoration on a 69 GTO Judge Ram Air III car nearing completion. I would like to know what factory markings and paint dabs are supposed to be on the car. I've seen some paint dabs on some of the steering and suspension components but have seen some different colors on cars on ebay, inline tube, and wing auto art...Would like to know if there is a resource that would have the correct location and color of the factory markings for the application that applies to this car...

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scott Tiemann (Supercar Specialties) and Wings Auto have both done cars that are at the top of the heap in concours judging. They might be willing to answer specific questions...it's worth a try.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i am doing a restoration of a 69 GTO. i am many years away from paint. But i have found very little information about primers, colors, over spray, markings. inline tube has a good write up but not very detailed.

is there any resource that will not only tell you the correct color but give a product recommendation?

Frame
Under Body
Firewall
Floors
Trunk
etc.etc.
Next is over spray descriptions and lastly any special markings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts