Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after 13 months the final clear coat went on last night- now wet sand and buff- and hopefully done by the end of the week and then I can start the reassembly- although it has taken a LOOOOONG time the car looks really straight and here are the photos:party:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the color is from a mini cooper( sorry purists) called dark silver- I am VERY happy with how it came out- it will look nice with the chrome and be a nice contrast with the carbon fiber parts I'm putting on

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Those quarters look really straight, Crusty. Not an easy feat with a flat-sided '65. I like the color a lot. Classy. It almost looks like it has some blue/lavender in the mix, just a hint. Whatever, it looks right on the '65. Nice work.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the positive response- I am so stoked on how the color looks- now all I have to do is run the fuel system, re-wire the whole car, put the glass in , all the weather stripping,radiator, battery,tail lights.headlights,sound dampening,weld in the seat bracket bolts, install the whole interior, build the center console, fabricate rear seat brackets, hook up the ecm,install dash and gauges ,but bumpers on, rocker panel trim, wheel well moldings- should be driving by next monday hahahahahahahahahahaha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts