Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gettin about time to paint my '74... I've got a few ideas and was looking for some feedback...

Original (Blue)<--- not my fav.

Gun metal grey with a single black stripe

White with Blue stripes (an ode to the original color)

ALL BLACK!!!!

If anybody has any better ideas.. hit me with 'em! I'm not really set on anything yet... i just want it to look meeeeeean!!!! lol

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
If you happened to be married, ask the wife. They usually are full of ideas when it comes to color! If not, try the girlfriend. They come in a close second. For what you listed, I would prefer the gun metal grey. But, black always works too w/black rims edged with chrome or polished aluminum.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife has absolutely NO interest in the color... She just like to go fast, lol...

wait that sounded bad... eh.. oh well...

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Nothin wrong with a fast woman........:lol:
What color is the interior ?
Personally, I'm tired of Black and change all my black cars and interiors to something colorful. I just sold an 88 IROC that was black on black. I had it painted 08 Corvette Jetstream Blue and changed the interior to medium Grey. It looked great.
Here's the color, if you like Blue.

·
Banned
223 Posts
I really like the green with yellow stripe of the one at the top of this page. My dad bought a new '73 this color with black interior. I think you could make this work, and you won't see any others like it!

1973 Pontiac Ventura

·
Registered
36 Posts
Of the ones you listed I like the Gun-Metal Grey the best. My 74 is the factory red - my paint is faded and worn, but I have seen ones that are repainted and it seems to fit the car well. The original rally II wheels go well with it or the black somebody mentioned. Whatever color you do, please post pics as it will inspire me with my project 74. :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts