Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a set of stock 18's to swap out from my 17's. I want to go for that black chrome look. Any opinions if I should powdercoat or paint? I want to acheive the best look I can in a black chrome. This will be going on my black 06.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You want to powdercoat them. Paint will chip easily. Alot of basic powdercoating colors do come with a clearcoat and that should give you the look you want

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Falco, was there suppossed to be a link there for me to check something out?
No lol I was saying powdercoat, close thread. I was basically saying powdercoat and nothing else. The thing with paint is, you can prepare them well and do everything right, but it just will not hold up like powdercoat. I would just spend the extra money and have them powdercoated. You will thank yourself later for doing it.

Also the above post is correct. There are quite a number of cool things they can do now with powdercoating. I even think they have chrome colors that can be sprayed on. Shop around and you will find something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome thanks! I am picking up the wheels today. 4 18" in good shape for $400. Pretty good deal I think.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Neither. Polish and clear coat :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts