Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broken down and painted my calipers this weekend. I used a dupicolor kit and was pleased with the results.

Please note the extreme cleanliness of the wheels, I busted my arse cleaning and waxing them while they were off. Has anyone noticed it is a PITA to clean these things? Painting the calipers was easy by comparison. I am hoping the wax will make it easier in the future.

I also noticed it is hard to see the calipers behind the stock wagon wheels.
Question: Will C-5 (not Z06) wheels fit on this car, particularly the thin spoke wheels after 2000? They are easy to clean and show off the calipers nicely.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Other people have tried C5 and C6 wheels -- without luck. The offset doesn't work.

If you decide to get aftermarket wheels -- get something with a little dish depth. 18's will look great, too! You will surprised at how well your car will look with them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
diverdan said:
I finally broken down and painted my calipers this weekend. I used a dupicolor kit and was pleased with the results.

Please note the extreme cleanliness of the wheels, I busted my arse cleaning and waxing them while they were off. Has anyone noticed it is a PITA to clean these things? Painting the calipers was easy by comparison. I am hoping the wax will make it easier in the future.

I also noticed it is hard to see the calipers behind the stock wagon wheels.
Question: Will C-5 (not Z06) wheels fit on this car, particularly the thin spoke wheels after 2000? They are easy to clean and show off the calipers nicely.
:agree The best way to clean the wheels is a soft wheel brush, one comes with the Mr Clean car wash system. They are the hardest to clean that I have seen!! Nice color by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts