Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes rattle can I used Rustoleum MATTE Black for the black area and Rustoleum Aluminun for the silver. The Aluminum actually matched close to what was on there originally. Doesnt look alluminum at all. Couldnt find Argent silver. On the headlight covers, I painted the whole cover with the Aluminum, then found masking tape from Michaels craft store in the Model car section. Called Testors. You get 3 tiny rolls. The smallest and thinnist roll fit perfectly over the top of the fin. Was real easy to cut and put on and take off. Once I taped I sprayed the cover with the Matte Black. let dry for a day and slowly peeled the masking tape off. After it dried a couple days I sprayed Crystal Clear coat over to hopefully stop it from chipping from rocks etc

·
Registered
85 Posts
The results are very nice!. I will try using that Rustoleum aluminum paint on the grill work of my 67 as it has a silver color, and it also needs to get a touch up with the black highlights. Great idea.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Ames sells the Argent silver. I think it looks good too, but you probably needed to leave that outer lip around the fins silver. Nice work. Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts