Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do paint myself, but after finding a good shop and buddy, we decided to paint my daughters truck. I was the trainey and did the lesser body work and prepped it for paint. Lesser paint required 7 straight days of prepping and putting back together. It got new bumper, grill, door panel, glove box latch, tail light, spray in bed liner and ...
Well, here's some pics straight out of the booth, no nib and cut. It's tuxedo black, like on the 2012 Harley Ford F150s. Daughter just wanted it shiny, she got the bonus plan. I did the body work and it doesn't represent the shop, this is more about the paint. Truck was a piece of crap from up north, sorry, but it was. I'm happy, so posting here.:cheers Just gave it to my daughter today, woo hoo..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/149749_10150775459227557_748562556_9521006_2118604369_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you gater, but that's what Dads do. Better than buying a newer verhicle and having a payment.. That color is real cool if anyone is interested, it has 12 different color pearls in it, not cheap, but really pops.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
yep Jet, hear you there, in the midst of financing a wedding that is over a year away...wish i would have gotten away with a new car...:shutme

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Told my daughter, just live together, everyone gets married for sex.. Dont get knocked up, but find the person that is more than sex... She's shacking up, going to college for medical and on the pill I assume. All is good, and I don't have to pay for a wedding yet, just the truck..
Per my daughter, my ex is jealous, instead of happy for her, I couldn't be happier, lol..

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Dakota looks great! Really like the paint job as well! I'm restoring an '89 Dakota right now. Hopefully it comes out as nice as yours did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts