Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Plastikote Iron gray paint.
should I not paint the coil on the flapper valve?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Have you painted them already? If not, take a look at Calyx Manifold dressing. Calyx is the right product for exhaust manifolds, paint isn't.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Don't paint the coil. As far as paint goes, it really does not matter what you use. They all burn off and rust. Ceramic Coating is the only coating that will last. This has to be professionaly applied. The bad thing about this is your heads will look like crap at the exhaust ports and your exhaust manifolds look nice and painted. After about 1,000 miles all of the paint is burned off your heads on the exhaust side and is rusting.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Don't paint the coil. As far as paint goes, it really does not matter what you use. They all burn off and rust. Ceramic Coating is the only coating that will last. This has to be professionaly applied. The bad thing about this is your heads will look like crap at the exhaust ports and your exhaust manifolds look nice and painted. After about 1,000 miles all of the paint is burned off your heads on the exhaust side and is rusting.

Dimitri, we should get together, I'm in Santa Rosa.

Now, I respectfully disagree with using paint on your manifolds. I've had too many hod rods to count and I can say without reservation that painting the exhaust is the wrong way to go about it, plain and simple! The BEST way, bar-none is the Calyx manifold dressing! Try it, you will not be disappointed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts