Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy selling a 66 and 67 gto about 100 miles from me.He told me that the 67 frame is rusted real bad and needs a lot of work,The 66 is in better shape but still has a lot of rust.The reason I am looking at these is because he has a hood in great shape and a 67/400 motor that I would like to have for my 67 gto.Not sure if it's legal or not but I was thinking I could sell the data plates and titles and some of the other parts and keep what I need.You can see the ad on Kansas City craigslist under auto for sale,put in gto

·
Registered
574 Posts
But taking off the parts you want and selling the frame and firewall/body shell would be legal and doable. Never pull vin plates just makes it easier for crooks. Not like someone couldn't buy the rest and pull the plates themselves (just like you could now) Steal a car and swap the plates over. Parts is parts and cheap is good. But if nothing is salvageable after you strip it do the right thing and sell it for scrap.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Or do what I do and rebuild the rusted cars. Its cheap if you do it yourself, plus its fun and you get to learn new things. :) I bet they arent too far gone for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cant tell to much from the pics in the ad but they look to me like they are in decent shape. Should not be parted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts