Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, as some of you might remember i had a hell of a time with the rubbish paint and service i got from the parts place, anyway now after going thru 4 tubs of this paint my trunk is done, but i would not recommend using this paint to anyone, its been about 2 months since i finished the job, yesterday some water split in the trunk and later in the day i dried with towel but its left a water mark where the water sat, like its bleached the colour, its lighter than the surrounding aqua black, anyway i figure it will dry over night, this morning it appears dry but still stained, it may dry out more or disappear in time but it seems odd, this splatter paint must be very porous, the parts place say no clear is needed, i am wondering maybe i should clear it as paint seems to hold water if any gets on it, overall this paint just seems to be problems all round, anyone had this staining issue?....or anyone cleared over this parts place paint?...i am a litlle concearned how the paint will react to clear coat on it, thanks

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
I've always used the spray bombs of splatter paint, but that was years ago when they were solvent based, not water based. The stuff has held up perfectly for 25+ years.....and the cost was about $6.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the stain from water is fading after 2 days, but obviously this paint needs a clear coat, although parts place say it dont, so i will clear it and hope the clear dont react badly with this parts place paint.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts