Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Hey Linda...... The Pontiac GTO Restoration Guide 1964-70 by Zazarine and Roberts is a good one to start with. The ultimate would be a factory Pontiac 1967 Tempest Service Manual. I don't have one, but I wish I did! They're out there, at swap meets, etc. I see them at the Turlock swap meet occasionally. Not real cheap, but VERY detailed.
Jeff

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reference book

Hey Jeff!
Thanks for your help. You've been so helpful....I did see one on ebay but they wanted mucho bucks for it (an original one). A reprint would be fine. thanks for the info on the AC. I know I don't need it here for but maybe a week out of the year, but like you said, I'll take my time. I'm more worried about the heater at this point. The guy who rebuilt it put in new heater core, but the vents are covered and the fan is not working. I'll have to check it out. I've only had it since Monday night and had to take it to get the brakes done the next day. Tomorrow I'm taking it to get the exhaust totally redone for someone put straight pipes all the way back with no bends. It vibrates a lot on the back floor boards. It needs new mufflers as stated before. I think I'm putting flowmaster 50s on it. Not sure yet. The console is in great shape, it just needs a lock and once the exhaust is put on, it's going in the garage to get cleaned and polished on the inside and the body work will get done. It's pretty straight except for the passenger fender and a dent/chip on the driver's quarter panel. I hope to get it ready to drive in the summer. The motor is fantastic! The guy really did a good job and it runs like a top. Nothing like the sound of that 400.....

Linda

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Linda....there is a guy on e-bay selling most of a 67 GTO...parted out right now. I have the GTO resto guide by Paul Z. it is a great book for parts reference. To do repair/replace parts you need the SHOP Manual....readily available (repro) "everywhere"...................:cheers Eric

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reference book

Thanks Eric!
The car really doesn't need anything major. I'd just like to have it on hand in case I acquire the AC System, etc. I'll try that restor/parts guide.

Thanks again
Linda

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Thanks Eric!
The car really doesn't need anything major. I'd just like to have it on hand in case I acquire the AC System, etc. I'll try that restor/parts guide.

Thanks again
Linda
Linda...there is a guy on e-bay selling a parts car (67 Le Mans)...kinda bad shape. he states that is has A COMPLETE AC system still in it !!!!!! I forget if it is in the Vintage parts section or cars for sale section (brain isn't what it used to be thanks to my good friend Jimmy Beam) :party:

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Service Manual for 1967 GTO

Thanks Eric!

Thanks again
Linda

Linda, I purchased a repair manual from Ames "just in case" and I don't remember it being too expensive. It is a reprint. No luck yet with my search for a wood steering wheel to free up for you the black resin wheel currently installed on my '67. Good luck and post some pictures. Paul.

P.S. -- You're right, nothing like the growl of a 400. I have Flowmasters on mine and they sound great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts