Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have a Bluetooth enabled phone???
Do you want to be able to use that in your GTO??? Well, it seems that our sister car can get that as a dealer option. :confused

I was snooping around the Holden site and noticed that they offer a few cool things.
1. Sunroof
2. Bluetooth mobile phone kit
3. Moblie Phone Mount
4. Trunk lip protection (this is cool) I often had raked things over the lip of my last car.
Just to name a few... couple this with some Instrument Panel Cluster options that have been deleted... I feel kind of cheated... (But still absolutely love my car)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your Right...

I also noticed that they can get a navigation option and the climate controls are digitally controller. Why would GM delete all of these features. I would think it would have been easier to include them all and just reverse the interior and move the gas tank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They were deleted to make up for the import taxes. GM wouldn't have been able to offer the GTO for 33k. Not too many people out there would pay much more for the GTO as it would be infringing on Corvette territory at that point. Remember that in Oz, the GTO retails for over 50K USD. The options would keep the price in that range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Accessories

To be a little more clear, a few of the mentioned items are "Accessories" or "Dealer" options that would serve to make the dealers a lot of money. The few items that PontiacMall offer are crap. What the heck am I going to do with a Trunk Organizer if all I can put in my trunk is a few tissue boxes and maybe a road flare or two... :lol:

I don't think GM's marketing department thought some of this stuff through. I would pay even 500.00 U.S. dollars for the Bluetooth Mobile Kit and it only serves to make the car even safer as to "Hands-Free" cellular use...

·
Registered
46 Posts
SStoGTO said:
To be a little more clear, a few of the mentioned items are "Accessories" or "Dealer" options that would serve to make the dealers a lot of money. The few items that PontiacMall offer are crap. What the heck am I going to do with a Trunk Organizer if all I can put in my trunk is a few tissue boxes and maybe a road flare or two... :lol:

I don't think GM's marketing department thought some of this stuff through. I would pay even 500.00 U.S. dollars for the Bluetooth Mobile Kit and it only serves to make the car even safer as to "Hands-Free" cellular use...
What trunk organizer? Where are they at? TIA

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So to be honest... I said a few tissue boxes will fit in the trunk but really, I can put maybe 1 full military duffle bag or better yet for descriptive purposes. 1 golf bag and an overnight bag... But not much else. I don't mind since I will never really use the car for a trip that would require more than single bag... or to put my kids in for a trip longer than down to the local ice cream parlor to show off the car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.