Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 has developed an occasional problem with the passenger side door electric door lock. Sometimes, when unlocking the car with the remote, the lock will only partly come up, so the door is still locked from the outside. You have to manually pull the lock up. Later, when you leave the car and set the alarm with remote, the horn will honk three times, because the passenger side door lock is still stuck in the partly up position. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?? I am hesitant to go to the dealer and them make it worse.

Kevin Triplett

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same problem on occasion. When it happens, I get inside the passenger seat, close the door and manually lock and unlock the lock about 10 times. That seems to work for a few months. Good Luck:cheers

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2004 has developed an occasional problem with the passenger side door electric door lock. Sometimes, when unlocking the car with the remote, the lock will only partly come up, so the door is still locked from the outside. You have to manually pull the lock up. Later, when you leave the car and set the alarm with remote, the horn will honk three times, because the passenger side door lock is still stuck in the partly up position. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?? I am hesitant to go to the dealer and them make it worse.

Kevin Triplett
Ther is a tsb on this. Had mine done, both sides would hang up. No rattles, no squeaks, no upholstery damage from their disassembly of two doors.:cool

·
Registered
32 Posts
get yourself a new door lock actuator, gm has never been able to make one that lasts forever (circa mid-90's c/k pickups) replace the actuator, then say goodbye to that annoying beep beep beep beep beep

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Here is the TSB;

Make : PONTIAC Model : GTO Year : 2004
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Service Bulletin Num : 040864018 Date of Bulletin: AUG 01, 2004
NHTSA Item Number: 10011241
Component: LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES
Summary:
FRONT DOOR LOCK WILL NOT UNLOCK OR WILL LOCK INTERMITTENTLY. *EH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts