Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PCV "tube" on the valley pan.................does this mate to the bottom of the intake manifold?
:confused
thanks as always

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
The PCV "tube" on the valley pan.................does this mate to the bottom of the intake manifold?
:confused
thanks as always
Hi Top,

The large end of the PCV valve itself inserts into the rubber grommet in the tube. The "other" end of the PCV valve attaches to a hose that you then connect to a convenient source of non-ported manifold vacuum.

You can see how I did mine in this photo. One end of the hose connects to a fitting on the front of the intake manifold directly in front of the carburetor, the other end of the hose is clamped on the PCV valve itself, which is in turn inserted into the grommet on the valley cover.

Bear

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that's a handsome motor Bear!
What are the 2 dohickies screwed into the top front intake?

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Now that's a handsome motor Bear!
What are the 2 dohickies screwed into the top front intake?
Thanks for the flowers.

Those dohickies are in the water crossover, and the one on the drivers side is the coolant temp sending unit. The one on the passenger side is the thermostat/switch for the electric fans I'm running instead of an engine driven fan.

Bear

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i like the pipe insulation at the top of your radiator bear, still have not had my hood on since i installed mine and it looks like its gonna be tight.

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
i like the pipe insulation at the top of your radiator bear, still have not had my hood on since i installed mine and it looks like its gonna be tight.
Thanks. I had to bend that sheet metal lip that runs along the top of the radiator up just a little in order to fit the radiator under it. I didn't like the way it looked after that, so that length of foam was my solution for covering it up. It provides a little cushion too so the top of the radiator doesn't rub and bang into the core support. I'm not sure how well it's going to hold up under actual use though, guess I'll find out. :cheers

Bear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts