Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am considering this same package. Did you end up installing it? If so, how did you like it? I have found nothing but great claims...like .83g stock to .94-.96 with the package.

Anyone with Street II? Please chime in!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did the Street 2 Package, with zero drop.

Highly recommend it.
It made a huge difference in the car's ride, whether straight line, or cornering.
Much less nose lift/dive under throttle/braking. When you get alignment done afterwards, ask for at least -0.5 degrees of front camber.... really improves turn-in.

I don't have logger data on performance... just seat of the pants data from Autocross. It was like driving 2 completely different cars (before/after).

Be prepared for more driveline noise... the differential clunking noises got quite a bit louder with the more solid rear subframe bushings.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
I have a mongrel suspension with Super Pro, Lovells, Koni, Pedders, Energy, Hotchkis and Harrop. I shopped and waited for the best deals. It made a huge difference and I did absolutely everything on the car for a lot less. I also did it all on my back on the garage floor and some things had to get figured out but I didn't consider it a huge deal just time consuming. It doesn't have to be done all at the same time so you can take your time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had it installed via my local dealer which has the "cradle alignment" tools, and has technicians who've worked on dozens of GTOs. I don't mind working on the car -- but this was above my skill level.

I purchased the kit of parts from Pedders... and I think it was about $850 installation from the dealer, including the 4 wheel alignment.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
The front "alignment tool" can be made fairly easily. It's just a pointer and the skill level for bushings is pretty low.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Pedders Street II is an awesome kit for aggressive street. the 20mm drop coils are my favorite coils for sure.

mike
dms

1 - 11 of 11 Posts