Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you would like to see a complete performance center, stand alone, not attached to the dealership but on the same lot? We would mainly service the GTO and F-bodies, but we would have a complete line for sport trucks (all makes) including lifts and lowering kits, NITROUS REFILL STATION, sport compacts (juggling idea), wheels & tires, installation center, CHASSIS DYNO (try to have a tuner on hand), and sponsor drag racing events at local tracks including Texas Raceway (Kennedale, TX) and Denton Raceway (Denton, TX)!!! We feel that with only one main speedshop here in Tarrant county, its difficult to get great service and competitive prices. This of course would mainly cater to Texas, more specifically to North Texas, however we are going to ship nationwide to our customers outside of Texas! This is really going to help our GTO community due to the bulk pricing with the larger inventory, usually equals cheaper prices passed to the customer. As a dealership that truely has a passion for performance we want to be "the" one stop shop for ALL of your performance needs. Please let us know, it is difficult enough for us to pitch this let alone if we have no response! Thanks for everything you guys and gals do and please pass the word to the other forums and post their responses. :cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
hmmm....

Didn't some of the NASCAR sponsored teams start themselves in a similar fashion? I think I remember having heard stories that went something like that. :cool
I think that's not a bad idea, but I wish you were closer, of course. :D
Good luck.

Maximental

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would love something like that. Gives me all the better reason to get away from the wife and kids and make the goat a little faster.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I live about 7 minutes from Summit Racing up here in Ohio.. So before I can get excited about the idea I would have to understand what you would be carrying that they do not???

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like its all positive responses, don't forget about me when we open and you need parts....I'll be more than happy to ship it to you!!!! :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably 75% of what they stock, I don't expect you to get too excited being in Akron, OH ..... but we can't possibly stock as much as Summit at the beginning..... :cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
I may be out in VA beach but im all for it, I hav'nt seen much in the lines of after market for the 05's yet. You dont by chance know if EFI Live or LS2 edit is out yet do you?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a man named Chris Robinson here in Dallas that says he can tune the LS2 GTO, so you would think that they are!! He does tunes on the dyno for around $350.00-$450.00, and he is one of the top 5(?) tuners in the state(nation?) from what I have heard.... I'll keep you posted as we go! :cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
Like Groucho, I live quite a distance away but the concept sounds like a good idea. When I owned Corvettes, I always hated taking the car in for a service as they usually had some flunky changing the oil. It would be nice to take your vehicle to a dealer that specialized in what you were driving. Good luck on your endeavor. :cheers

·
Registered
364 Posts
While I don't have a GTO, nor do I live in Texas (or expect to anytime soon), conceptually I think you have a good idea. Every place I have lived (and I move every two years or so), I find a good high performance store and take most of my business to them. I've got a good one I use here in Memphis that I'll be sorry not to have anymore when I move next week...

These shops always seem to be doing very well. Good luck to you. :cheers

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sounds great. I'm in PA, but parts can be shipped here from TX easily. My first mods (leased car, so they must all be easily reversible back to stock) would be a CAI and some type of tuner, and a DEAD PEDAL if anyone in the aftermarket ever makes one.

My local dealer sold 14 2004 models (not mine, they didn't have black cars when I bought it) and is getting 12 2005s throughout this model year, so they move a pretty good number of them, and there is a tagged red 2004 parked there frequently, so it must belong to someone working there.

Still it would be cool to see an LS1/LS2 GTO/Vette specialty shop in my area that I could go to for service, and know they were just as enthusiastic about performance as I was - at a high-volume dealership, you don't get that feeling.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! Thank you all very much for the positive responses!! :cheers We are going tomorrow to pitch this to Mr. Young so I hope that he sees it the way we do, he is pretty open to good ideas and when we were discussing this we were very excited and hopefull!! Wish us luck and keep the comments and ideas coming (the more the better!)! :cheers :party:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts