Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! Im about to be a new GTO owner and I cant wait! My plan is to first replace the shifter with a B and M or a 5.0 (recomendations?) After that, I want a CAI and a cat back system, probably Corsa, folowed by a performance tune. Should I do the tune last, after the instalation of the intake/exhaust? Also, if I were to get the perameters from someone who has similar mods who had a tune done on a dyno, could I give those perameters to a shop and have it tuned without a dyno?
Another thing. Would adding a cat back system and a CAI be useless without a tune? Thanks guys and gals

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, I would suggest (my opinion only) a good cai...Lingenfelter or MPD.
Personally, I think a cat back is a waste of money unless you go the whole nine yards and install headers. B&M is a good shifter as well as a GMM ripshift.
Cant help much on the tune. I have a Diablo Sport Preditor hand held. There are other good ones out there as well. I believe there are custom tunes you can purchase from Diablo Sport and others.
With minor modding. its not a big issue on tuning...do it now or later.
If you Dyno tune.....Tune last.
Im in no way an expert on this stuff....but I hope it answers your questions.
Be smart and take your time in deciding what you want to do....do your homework.
Congrats and happy mod hunting.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts