Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pats too!!

Vikings were pathetic and didnt deserve to be in the playoffs from what i saw of the game. Two great games in Pennsylvannia coming up this weekend. Even though im going for the pats, how about a philly vs pittsberg superbowl, that would be crazy.

The over rated Colts got destroyed. Looks like troy brown could cover stokley afterall. Im not sure the patriots had more than one pass interference/illegal contact called on them. So much for last year's excuse colts, whats the excuse this year?

-Frank

·
Registered
31 Posts
The BROWNS were a good match for the Eagles, it took OT for the iggles to beat the Cleve and the Browns are prolly the worst team in the NFL. But, the Eagles ARE good team and everyone has an off day, they were smart enough to have their off day against a team that can't beat anybody. OK, that's about as much smack as I can throw down, being a Browns fan this year has been really difficult :mad:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Q: What do you call 47 people sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A: The Philadelphia Eagles.

:rofl:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Overrated Colts?

Well, being a Colts fan, I have to admit they laid an egg for sure. But to say they are overrated - that is going a little far. The Patriots had every motivation in the world as for some reason, they were treated in the media like an underdog. I never thought that, but I guess with Manning's success this year, that tends to be a media feeding frenzy.

Oh yea, and only 1 holding call until the end of the game. You can't tell me that with the talent they have at wide receiver, there weren't a couple of calls they could of been made.

Not making excuses for them. They were outplayed. Put the game in the dome in Indy, it may be a different outcome.

Oh yea, and how convenient for the Patriots. They play the Colts once again on their home turf in 06.

For the Colts sake, I hope the draft brings them a couple of guys to stop the run because the ball control was the difference.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Before the football season started the so called experts said it would be a Eagles, Patriots SuperBowl.There's a good possiblity that just may happen since the Colts took another dive again this year. So much for the MVP doing another choke scene. Tom Brady hasn,t got Peyton's numbers but he's a better QB all around.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EdwardC said:
Q: What do you call 47 people sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A: The Philadelphia Eagles.

So many Philly haters on this board. But it makes me laugh that people make fun of a team who has become a perennial NFC Championship contender.

There are 14 teams who never even have the pleasure of making it that far.

I don't know, being considered one of the top 4 teams in the league for 4 years straight, deserves some respect.:confused But hate on haters, it just shows lack of class.

Does it hurt that the Eagles can't make the Super Bowl? Yes. But does it make football season fun, to watch them play well into January? Yes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bet you think the 4 time losing Buffalo Bills we worthing cheering for tooo. I believe the Eagles with be Vick-timized and the Philly fans will be left with that nasty losing taste once again. It's one thing to win the Divisional game, 4 teams every year with that, Philly can't win a conference, and at home for the past two years on top of it. That's downright hilarious. And it's not like they lost to good teams, like GB. Besides, the Eagles couldn't beat the Steelers or the Patroits even if the other teams played half ass.

And oh yeah, I said it, Vick-timized :lol:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Afterglow said:
I bet you think the 4 time losing Buffalo Bills we worthing cheering for tooo. I believe the Eagles with be Vick-timized and the Philly fans will be left with that nasty losing taste once again. It's one thing to win the Divisional game, 4 teams every year with that, Philly can't win a conference, and at home for the past two years on top of it. That's downright hilarious. And it's not like they lost to good teams, like GB. Besides, the Eagles couldn't beat the Steelers or the Patroits even if the other teams played half ass.

And oh yeah, I said it, Vick-timized :lol:
I don't see how losing = not cheering for a team. Your team is your team no matter what, unless your a bandwagoner. I'm no bandwagoner. The Eagles have been my team since the days before Randall Cunningham, Mike Quick, and Reggie White, may he rest in peace. I live outside Buffalo and if I met a person who stopped being a Bills fan because they lost 4 Super Bowls in a row, I would laugh at them. But the thing is, I have yet to meet someone like that. If you're a true fan, you're a fan for life.

Why does everyone on here feel the need to put down the Eagles. They are a good team, just admit it. Regardless of how the season ends,they had a hell of a season. If TO were playing, it would probably be an even better season.

Nobody says anything about the Vikings or Randy Moss, specifically. Hes one of the cockiest players in pro sports and he got his ass handed to him by the Eagles D. 2 Receptions, that's something to be cocky about. :rolleyes:

I just don't get the arguments here. I work with guys who are die hard Packers, Steelers, Patriots, and Bills fans, and even they can admit the Eagles are a good team. But, being on this forum for the last couple of months, I should know that a lot of people on here are pig-headed, stubborn, and close-minded. So I guess it's my fault for thinking that some people could admit that things, other than their own personal preferences, are valid. :willy:

·
Registered
67 Posts
catchmeifucan said:
Overrated Colts?

Not making excuses for them. They were outplayed. Put the game in the dome in Indy, it may be a different outcome.
Lol. Earn homefield next year. I hope nobody saw the snow machines the patriots had hiding in the stands blowing snow onto the field. How come Indianapolis has dome anyway? Colts should trade manning for Balitmore's defense. Then maybe they can win some playoff games. Def = Championships.

To the Brown's fan. We're giving you Romeo so you should do a little better next year.

I dont think that the AFC is automatically going to win. in 2002 the Rams were supposed to steam roll the pats, and last year the pats ere supposed to steam roll carolina. Neither happened. I think any of the 4 matchups will be some good football.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The coach had put together the perfect team for the Philadelphia Eagles. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't find a quarterback who could ensure a Super Bowl win.

Then one night while watching CNN he saw a war-zone scene in Afghanistan. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Afghan Muslim soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away. KABOOM! He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney. KA-BLOOEY! Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph. BULLS-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!"

So, he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. And the Eagles go on to win the Super Bowl. The young Afghan is hailed as the great hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you," the old Muslim woman says. "You deserted us. You are not my son!"

"I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"

The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says, "I will never forgive you for making us move to Philadelphia!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah...I know this is just piling on but:

Q: Why was Andy Reid upset when the Philadelphia Eagles play book was stolen?
A: Because he hadn't finished coloring it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts