Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I have a pre-paid tracfone I can take pictures or videos..... I have no desire to get Androids and such... I'd rather spend money on gas for my toys :)

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I "think" I can one up Judge, I have a flip phone. No games or even texting here.....

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Addicted to Tetris. I don't have one of them "smart" phones but the games on those are pretty good. My nephew plays "Call of Duty" on his. Cool, but I've got better things to spend my $$$$ on. I'm actually playing the heck out of Soduko puzzles in a huge book I bought. Paper and pencil FTW!

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Well my phone is a flip one too, just like Captain Kirk's on Star Trek :). I text once in a while to those who text me. I see those addicted to these things I have other addictions :) Muscle ones :) Like Alky I have other things to blow my money on... 80.00+ a month is not for me. Everyone has their own thing though. Some use them as mobile computers which is cool. I do know if I had one.....I'd have a blast with it and my bill would be nowhere close to 80 a month. I did play a soccer game on my cheapy phone once or twice..............

·
Super Moderator
5,859 Posts
..... I have no desire to get Androids and such...
"Androids"... Is that what you get when your obnoxious ring tone finally gets to someone, so they take your phone away from you and, well... :D

Actually, I do have one of them there so called "smart" phones but the only game I have on it is (I'm with Alky) Sudoku, unless you also count the practice tree app I've got on it. I don't play either one of them very much. I learned a long time ago that it's just too easy for me to get so "into" a game that I can't leave it alone, so I generally avoid them.
My bride got me into a game on Facebook there for awhile called "Song Pop" (it's a "name that tune" game). I sort of had to walk away from that one too after getting too sucked in...

Bear

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
..and here I thought androids was a inflamed area of the rear posterior and sometimes if bad enough needs surgically removed......................:)

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
$80/mo?? I have 5 smart phones on my account and it's $200/mo.
Buddy got a smart phone he said his is like 85.00/mo with so much download time.. I don't know all the features, I am ignorant to it all. I do know he's addicted to it. I guess once ya have one ya can't do without it. I know some they leave a trail where ever they go.... So and so was here, so and so was there..... so and so took a pi$$ at Hoss's steak house at 3pm.... so and so took a piece in the back seat at 10 pm along the interstate ....... on their FB pages......I'm content just making a call when I need to and receiving a call. It gets most use closer to our car show when everyone and their brother calls....

200 month? hmmmm to me thats a 1967 GTO Cv car payment :)

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I know, 1 for me, the wife, 2 for daughters and 1 for the grandson. I need to cut the apron strings. :D
I'd be happy with a flip phone, but I text a bit and pushing the same button three times for one letter is a pain. Plus I like the talk to text feature.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
$29 per month. And the phone stays in the truck.... :)

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's ironic that I started this thread!! I've broke sooo many smart phones (3 in just the last 5 weeks and at least 10 in the last year) at $100.00 deductible with every one that I just went back to the flip phone. I picked up a DuraPro, military grade, shock proof, water proof etc. A friend had one and he said in a drunken rage at a bar one night, him and 2 other guys took turns throwing it at a brick wall trying to break it, and after about 15 throws he said the screen did break, but it still made calls. Just what I need, a phone that doesn't break!! :willy:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
It's ironic that I started this thread!! I've broke sooo many smart phones (3 in just the last 5 weeks and at least 10 in the last year) at $100.00 deductible with every one that I just went back to the flip phone. I picked up a DuraPro, military grade, shock proof, water proof etc. A friend had one and he said in a drunken rage at a bar one night, him and 2 other guys took turns throwing it at a brick wall trying to break it, and after about 15 throws he said the screen did break, but it still made calls. Just what I need, a phone that doesn't break!! :willy:
LMAO :lol:

That Challenger I got is loaded..... one feature is voice activation. It has blue tooth voice commands. Its really pretty cool.... thing is I don't have one LOL.... no plans to get one either.

I need a new phone ...... I head to Walmart.... 20.00 later I got me one. I think I pay like 45.00 every 3 months or so on average for 240 minutes or so.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this military grade phone is going back. I've spent about 6 1/2 hours in the last 5 days cause the stupid thing would stop texting. They would reflash the firmware a couple times and pretty soon it would text again, then the next day nadda. At first they didn't want to take it back saying they don't take used phones back till I pointed out that they told me I had 15 days to return and the box had a sticker on it saying the same thing. I do over 1100 minutes a month and text a lot with my customers. I'll just get one of those Otter covers for the smart phone.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well this military grade phone is going back. I've spent about 6 1/2 hours in the last 5 days cause the stupid thing would stop texting. They would reflash the firmware a couple times and pretty soon it would text again, then the next day nadda. At first they didn't want to take it back saying they don't take used phones back till I pointed out that they told me I had 15 days to return and the box had a sticker on it saying the same thing. I do over 1100 minutes a month and text a lot with my customers. I'll just get one of those Otter covers for the smart phone.
I have an android with Otter box and it works great. Have drop the phone and got it wet with no issues. However, the case does significantly increase the size of your phone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts