Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the 66 for a little drive on the new rims. They don't rub:) I just took it on a short trip trying to get more time behind the wheel (2nd time out). Things went pretty smooth compared to the first time out. Didn't stall it on the way up to the park :) I spun the tires at a stop sign, I let the clutch out to fast and the guy behind me gave me a dirty look, lol.

Anyway, I wanted to play with the wide angle lens, so here ya go. Some with a normal lens as well.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Looks incredible.. Rims/tires look perfect..
So, the only problem is that it is too fast..
I haven't had that problem yet, you are lucky!
That car looks dead straight and black doesn't lie.
Take the car to the corner store or whereever, just get used to the 4 speed and enjoy your new car, awesome!!
You won't have to drive it far before someone will stop you to ask about it, sweet!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. The color really looks different depending on light and angle. I like it when it looks like in the pics. With an overcast day it always looks like that. In direct sun it is quite a bit lighter.

Eric, front are 15x7 with 4.5 backspace and tires are 235/60 R15. Rear are 15x8 with 5.5 backspace and tires are 275/60 R15. Of course I think the white lettering really completes the look :)

I also cleaned out the trunk (as you seen in another thread) that had 3 tires and a bunch of old engine parts. So it helped raise the rear a little.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
What a mean looking '66. Great looking car. And Rukee's right: leave the old starter cores and floor jacks at home and not in the trunk. Don't want any "ball park franks" on the quarter panels!!!!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I had to deal with what looked like a tire bouncing around on my passenger quarter....GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!. Yep Batman if you carry the spare get a bracket kit to stow it tight. did you paint the drums red?

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Super tough looking GTO Batman. Wheels and tires are a perfect choice and fit. :cheers

Love the chrome trim on your post coupe! :cool

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I took everything out of the trunk :) I figure worst case I pay $50 to get a flatbed to tow me home. If I take it for a long trip I'll take a spare. The PO had what looks like the original clamp to hold the tire down. He had the jack wedged under the tire, it seemed to fit tight.

And for the RED paint, NO. LOL, that is the rust :shutme

·
Registered
220 Posts
She is a thing of beauty.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts