Decor Group
Tinted glass on all windows
G7014 White Letter tires
Ralley II wheels
Air Conditioned
YS 400 Engine
400 Turbo hydramatic
Open differntial
3.23 Gears (was standard for air conditioned cars).

Sold to Charlie Harris Pontiac INC
Clearwater Florida
Date shipped 2-2-70
MSRP $4480.71
NOT A JUDGE

Now to do some more investigating because it does not have Power disc brakes on it right now. Now to see if the frame has been swapped or if the brakes were swapped out for use on another car.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok either the frame was swapped or damaged. ON the frame where the vin should be. The frame has but cut off right there, and then welded back on and its to rusty to see any numbers.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe the complete PHS package will be here by the end of the week. I just got all this from the quick fax stuff they sent.

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Ok either the frame was swapped or damaged. ON the frame where the vin should be. The frame has but cut off right there, and then welded back on and its to rusty to see any numbers.
The rear part of the frame where the VIN stamp would be is the weakest part of the frame. I imagine it would have been a common practice to do what you describe to repair rear-end collision damage because it would have been much easier (cheaper, faster for the body shop) to do that as opposed to trying to straighten a bent frame.

Bear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts