Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking more for more output than color, and for the price of these compared to hids - i am impressed and very happy with the results. the light is whiter than stock - but no blue hue to it. also, with the headlights properly aimed, do they do make a significant improvement over the stock lights. but, at $70-80 a pair, they arent cheap.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had those in my truck, they were EXCELLENT bulbs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Got a link for 'em?........

TIA,

JET

·
Registered
700 Posts
Beware getting them off of ebay, I managed to get a set and they were not real PIAA bulbs. Get 'em from a local retail store if you can. The ones that I got off of ebay put out about 1/3 the light of a normal OEM bulb, they reeeeally sucked. Fortunately, the guy gave me my money back, so I didn't have to go all crazy redneck on him.
You'll be happy with the PIAAs though, they're excellent bulbs, and about the brightest you can get.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
any idea how they compare to the hoen's?
paid almost $50.- (incl. everything) for the xenonmatch plus & I'm kinda disappointed about the brightness & the tint (they look really white from the outside, but when you drive, the reflections on the road are too blue).

·
Registered
104 Posts
What about fog lamp replacements in PIAA? Couldn't find the fog lamp bulb number in the OM.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I put in HOEN's, lows, highs, fogs in Jan. 06.

About a month ago my passenger side low beam "browned" out. It looks brown. Done with HOEN

And, I got a referral to www.powerbulbs.co.uk

part number PLLH11

Phillips Longer Life H11. Free shipping. Waiting on my set to come in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts